humbleness- good vs bad

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hay guys
we had a sunday skool couple of weeks ago bout are we ready yet but then they took up as an example the parable of the wise and foolish virgins and how the wise virgins didnt share the oil but like isnt that being selfish but then agen giving up eternity but i woodnt be able to say no to that but is that like right dont u feel bad coz i wood and arent u suposed to take people with u up to heaven so isnt that a chance? i hope i didnt lose yous but it bothers me

thanx soo much
GB ALL
+FROG+

Comments

• i'm not too sure if i'm going to respond properly here... so if i'm totally off- sorry...

it's true that you're interested in others' salvation and you would like to take as many ppl with you as possible to heaven- but never in any way should you jeprodize your own salvation.
    it might be seen as selfish (as with the story of the 10 virgins- 5 wise and 5 foolish), but it would be foolish to give up enteral life/heaven in order to save someone else....
    you might to be even guarunteed to save that person to begin with
    although, as Christians, we should look out for one another and be a helping hand not a stumbling block, if a person we're trying to help becomes our stumbling block, we should aviod them/issue/situation etc....
    we do what we can without jepordizing ourselves, when it reaches that point, we should leave the situation to someone who is perhaps more experienced, or just leave it up to God...
    in no way are we supposed to sacrifice our salvation for others... the sacrifice was already done for all of us on the cross- so we do what we can while still being able to attain eternal life...
    after all, that is our goal, that's what we spend years preparing for here on earth...

hope that wasnt too confusing or weird or wrong...

take care and God bless
  • I agree...I take this parable as saying not to lose your eternal life thinking that you can save someone else. "And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?" Luke 6:39 Basically, don't try to share your oil which is little with someone else unless you have enough oil for both of you. So don't try to do a good deed in saving a friend if you're not strong enough to or you will both fall. God bless.
  • thanx guys i feel better now lol u rok guys :) ;) :D ;D
    GBUSE

GB ALL :) ;) :D ;D
    +FROG+
  • any more opinions?

GB ALL
    +FROG+