The discernment of my FOC

edited December 2012 in Faith Issues
I once attended church and my FOC said to all the youth you are now grown up you choose now if you want to go to church or clubbing
I got offended (not in a hateful manner) by that and stop going to youth meetings. Now I have taken it too far and have not went too long. My habit had been broken

Comments

• [quote author=christosanesti link=topic=14044.msg162134#msg162134 date=1356087259]
    I once attended church and my FOC said to all the youth you are now grown up you choose now if you want to go to church or clubbing
    I got offended (not in a hateful manner) by that and stop going to youth meetings. Now I have taken it too far and have not went too long. My habit had been broken

Please resume your habit of going to youth meetings - don't let minor issues like this get in the way of your salvation.
    If you are not happy with your FOC, you can always change him, but first I think it would be beneficial if you talk to him frankly about how you feel.
    Personally, I don't feel there is anything wrong with what he said - ultimately, no-one can be forced to go to church, and must make there own decisions in life, for God has given us free will.  I don't think your FOC meant that going clubbing and going to the youth meeting are equally good; he is just trying to make people commit to church by making their own decision that they will consciously reject clubbing and go to the youth meeting.

God bless.
  • now is the Christmas fast, it's a good time to come back to church.
    please do it soon!
    for your own good and for the good of the people who look up to you and want to follow your example.