i need help

sinsin
edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hi i'm new here
i am not orthodox but a friend of mine recomended this site to me

well recently something happened that i wasn't to proud of i looked at bad things and did bad things as a result of seeing those bad things this isn't the first time this has happened but this is the first time i feel that i want to end it. this is the time i feel that i am truley seeking forgiveness.
well i try to seek forgiveness but i feel that i never really
repented inside my heart and that makes me feel really bad

please help

Comments

• hi wellcome in our web site:
    listen all of us are sinner and we looking for the forgivnes and the mercy of God.
    the best thing you can do it's talking with somebody which is a good secrat saver I mean like a preast for instance.
    and we have in our orthodox church alot of experts preasts if you know a near orthodox church you can go and you eill see waht I mean .
    god bless you
    pray for me. :)
  • I agree with you emprocious, we are all sinners and we will always be asking for God's forgiveness and he is always forgiving becaus ehe loves his children.
    God bless!
    Irini Pasi!
  • I agree with you emprocious, we are all sinners and we will be always asking for forgiveness and God will forgive his children if we just confess to Him.
    God bless!
    Irini Pasi!
  • as god says in his famous words: "when i forgive i forget" don worri god stil luvs ya :D
  • hi

thanx for all ur support i appriciate it but i don't reallylive near an orthodox church.
    and i really don't know wat i can do to stop myself form comiting those bad, evil and sinful things. and thats what i really need help with

• First off, I'm really happy that you want to stop, and that you're seeking forgiveness. That is the first step towards anything. If you don't live near a Coptic Orthodox church, why don't you try to contact a priest by some other way? That is, if you wish to reveal your thoughts to someone. I suggest e-mail or telephone. It might help a lot ;) If you want, I can give you my FOC's e-mail...he's awesome lol! :)
  • hay and welcome
    i sent a post before it didnt come up ???
    anyway
    as mansour said we r happy that u want to repent and if u repent that means that God has already accepted it its ok because Jesus is our beutiful father that always forgives us no matter what we done so its ok God already forgave u and talk to God tell Him that u r reely sorry and you are seeking forgiveness just as you talk to your dad about whats on your mind do the same with God talk as if He is right next to you and He will reely respond to you because u r seeking Him He is looking for His lost sheep and wants them to do the right thing so dont do it again and if u r tempted to do it again shut it or whatever get up and leave and go somewhere quietly and pray and ask Jesus to help u and u will find yourself never doin it agin if u dont want to
    aww ur not near a coptic orthodox church well ask the friend that recommended u to this site and go to church with her/him and talk to a priest or talk to a sunday skool servant, pastor whatever if u need help i will give u my FOC number and ill try find his email he is great with this stuff

GBU and may the Lord strenghten u and may u get closer to Him

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • thanks

what does FOC mean. and i don't live near my friend anymore

but thanks for all your help
  • it means Father Of Confession.
  • thank you

wat do they do/ who are they
  • A Father of Confession is a priest you go to so you can confess, reveal your thoughts, get advice, or just talk to them. He's the spiritual guide in your life. He should really know everything about you so that way he can help you more...I'm not sure if I cleared things up or not...
  • Hello in the name of the Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ.

First off, I would like to inform you about the Coptic Orthodox Church and why and how it is different than many of the other different types of Christian churches out there. Orthodox is a term which is strongly related to the word traditional. The Coptic Orthodox Church is the most traditional and exact church of God. History and much theological study reveals this. As a matter of fact, the Protistant church has launched a mission to change its practices to become more orthodox! The Coptic Orthodox Church is the only Christian church which has not changed at all in the course of history, and its teachings, theological, liturgical, and Biblical have remained unchanged from the early times of the Apostles who received these teachings which we have today in the Coptic Orthodox Church from the Lord Jesus Christ Himself! it is no surprise that many Christians turn to the Coptic Orthodox Church to return to the truest form of Christianity and receive the teachings of the Lord in their original states. The most spiritual and beneficial religious practices are found in the Coptic Orthodox Church and they have truly benefitted many. I urge you to find a Coptic Orthodox Church around you and to seek more information about the Church. May the Lord bless you in your searches and interest in His one true church, the Coptic Orthodox Church. God Bless You!

In regards to the sin in which you have mentioned to be a problem in your life and which you have recently discovered and felt to be wrong, there is much to discuss. First off, you must realize that the very fact that you feel this strong need to repent and turn from sin is a very strong indication that God loves you very much and that He is trying to let you know that He is and has been with you and cares for you more than you can even imagine, for it is written in the Holy Bible, which is the Word of God, "For whom the Lord LOVES He chastens" (Hebrews 12). The fact that you have the desire to turn away from your sins is an indication that you have saint-like qualities and are a strong person overall. It is a great thing that you desire to be with God and overcome sin, for not many people can do or even want to do the things that you desire to do.

It is evident that the sin you are trying to overcome relates to the sin of adultery, which is one of the most common and difficult sin which most teenager, and even grown men, face continually. You are not alone in such a strougle. But you must understand that this is one of the most hated sins before God that you must learn to overcome with time. This sin is very dangerous for your soul and Satan will use it to capture you and bring you to hell. But know that the Lord is stronger than the devil and that this sin and all other sins can easily be overcome with the help of our very strong God. The devil is very strong and we are all very weak, but with the Lord who lives through us, we become very strong and the devil very weak to the point where we can crush him like an ant. The important thing is that you must be with God, for without God, you will live a pointless life, commit sins, eventually die a sinner, and the punishment is eternal damnation. Do not be afraid of such things though because, as I told you before, God loves you very much and he will not allow this to happen to you ONLY IF you yearn to be with Him at all times.

We are all in need of spiritual guidance. You need to contact a Priest, Servant, or Sunday School teacher from the Coptic Orthodox Church as soon as possible and ask for his advice and guidance in both your spiritual life and in fighting sin. Please feel free to email me any time.

May our Loving Lord Jesus Christ be with You.
  • mikeg that was awsome :o
  • hi

Well i have to agree that was really awsome. but what is your e-mail if u dont mind me asking
  • great first post mikeg!!
    welcome!!

well, there's not much i can say after mikeg's awesome post, but here's my 2 cents...

first off, welcome to the site 'sin'! glad you've decided to join a great community, hopefully you'll be able to help us out and vice versa ;)

we are ALL sinners and struggling with bad things in our lives, so you're definately talking to experts here who are struggling with sin in general as you are ;)

to begin with, the fact that you are posting on this site asking for help, and admitting you've made a mistake is a huge, important step to repentace.
    you've realized you've made a mistake, and you realize you need to stop, which is showing really good progress in your spiritual life.

i wanna say one thing before i go on, you said you seek forgiveness, i tell you, God has forgiven you a looong time ago on the Cross, all you have to do is reach for that forgivness and keep it for yourself.

one thing i can suggest is that you stop looking at those 'bad things' that are causing you to commit those 'bad deeds'. perhaps if you spend less and less time looking at them- whether its on TV, internet, magazines, etc. then you'll be less "motivated" to commit those bad deeds.

sin usually starts with the eyes- we see somthing, then it creeps into our thoughts, and eventually into our actions. stopping it from the first step will prevent you from thinking and doing that sin.

i highly suggest, as others have, that you find a priest to talk to, or a trusted youth servant or somthing. those people are usually very experienced in talking with people who are struggling with sin, and can probably give you really good advice.

i can almost guaruntee that you'll find a priest who has talked to someone else (or a few others) about a sin similar to yours and have helped them out, and can very likely help you out.

where do you live? maybe there is a coptic church near by and you dont know about it... mind if ask for your age?

for sure we are all ready to provide you with contacts to a priest who can help you out via email or phone, and he might even be willing to visit you if you're in close proximity.

talking to a priest and getting advice, esp face to face, is one of the most comforting feelings there is.
    when i talk with my FOC i usually feel soooooo good after, because he helps me set things straight, and i'm sure others on the site can support me on this.
    the great thing about it is they HAVE to keep anything you tell them a secret, they cant go around telling other priests or people what you've told them (not that they will), so you can for sure know that what you're telling them will be kept confidential.

priests are God's messangers chosen by Him, so they carry God's message, Love, Mercy and Forgiveness, and pass it on to us through wise words and the Absolution.

while waiting to get ahold of a priest (which i suggest you really try hard to), try praying more about this specific sin and ask for our Lord's help and strength. keep yourself busy in other ways so you are not tempted to look at bad things and do these bad deeds. go for a walk, call up a good trusted friend, read the bible, play ball, come on this site and PM ppl, do whatever to keep yourslef busy so you have less and less room for this sin.

its definately going to be a hard struggle, and you wont overcome this overnight, but if you try and are honest with your struggling, you will eventually triumph over this sin.

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

remember, because of the Cross, you are much stronger than sin, and the devil has NO power over you...

good luck and hope things go well

take care and God bless
  • That's was great crazycopt
    and I agree with you.
    and I wanna say something :looking for forgivness is the first step of the holly life
    god bless.
  • Hi,

Welcome 'sin'...im also a new member...just remember one thing. That God allows temptation to come upon us because it is a way to purify us. You are like a piece of gold that God wants to mold and purify for his own purpose. How does gold become pure? You have to expose it to a tremendous amount of pressure. That doesn't mean stop struggling with the sin or sins that come upon you, but the more you struggle, the stronger and purier you become. (Don't think that God's will is to have you fall, his will is to have you close to him.) You become pure because you realize that you can't fight your sins by yourself and begin to fully rely on him. This purification can only come from constant repentance. I hope you get to speak to a priest, and remember no matter how many times you fall get back up and try harder. May God be with you, and pray for me.

• hi crazy copt,

i'm sorry to say that i do mind giving out my age and where i live. mainly because i lied to you and to many others by saying that i am not orthodox :-X :-\ i am. and i feel really bad about wat i did. i did it because i was ashamed that an orthodox persone would do something like that. but i hope u all forgive me. i really hope you don't get mad at me. and i really appriciat all your help. it has really helped tremdously because all of u have named ways to avoid sin. ways i never heard of and i thank u for it
  • Hello in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Usually I prefer to keep my email address confidential, so if you would like to have it, please post your email address or create a new one and let me know about it, and I will email you with my email address which can be kept in your own confidential record.

May God Bless You
  • You guys could just PM each other lol...
    'Sin', you don't have to feel that ashamed that you have to lie to us. We won't judge you because we are all sinners. After all, Jesus said "...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." (John 8:7) Don't worry, I'm sure we all forgive you :).
    I REALLY think the best things to do are not think about it and keep yourself busy. It's like on Christmas or Easter when you fast so you can take communion, but your mom is cooking all this delicious non-fasting food lol...the more you think about it the more you want it. If you find something that will take your mind off of it, you'll soon forget about it ;)...and then you get your reward later lol...eating ;D
    May God guide you and be with you also, you're in my prayers.

Peace and God Bless
  • hey 'sin'
    it's ok, i shouldn't have asked anyway, my fault....

dont be ashamed or anything, we're all sinners and we all do things that hurt Christ.
    a sin is a sin... swearing is equal to murder... both sins equally hurt Christ and cause us to fall short of His glory.

be proud to be Orthodox, i can tell you Orthodoxy is proud of you as it's child.
    and i can say i'm proud of you for coming out with your sin and wanting to change...
    its a big step towards repentance...

we're all sinners here, as you'll read in other posts alot of people seek help and adivce because we are all weak... its great that you're trying to help yourself.

if you do have access to a priest, i suggest you take advantage of it because honestly, they're God's angels on earth... but if you dont feel comfortable... that's ok... wait until you feel like you are more ready to tackle this... but they usually are a great help... and like i said, they've probably talked and gave advice to others struggling with your sin or somthing simliar, so they'll know what to tell you

best of luck and God be with you...
    pray for me

take care and God bless
  • Ok my dear I think all of us forgive you
    because jesus teach us how to forgive
    and like what i told you befor all of is sinner and looking rof the mercy of god and we try to do like jesus said for the magdalia
    go and sin no more.
    god bless all of us amin
  • sin,
    i dont think you should be ashamed to say that your Orthodox becuase Orthodox's do the same thing, we are still human we arent aliens. and i dont think we will be ashamed because the point is that you are looking for help for your problem and i think we all respect that,and maybe u should get a father of confession at your church and have a talk with him and get advice, u can get more advice from the forum we have also in the top 10 which is called "keep Sinning". maybe u should look at it, i think its related to your topic and it can help you

MAY GOB BLESS AND PRAY FOR ME ;D
  • hi

wow! i thought you guys would be so mad at me. i was really wrong. you guys are so nice i can't believe that you forgive me. thank you so much. you are a great help

• there's a great saying i heard that goes:
    "You are never more Christ-Like then when you choose to Love and Forigve" - IDontKnowWho

i think we're all trying to attain that 'Christ-Likeness', so dont thank us, thank Him :)

(i just wanted to share that quote- i like it alot)

hope all's going well with you!

take care and God bless
  • Well, I couldn't agree that sin is all equal. Some sin is worse than others. I just don't want to have a wrong impression go out here. Christ Himself says in the Bible that those who delivered Him up was guilty of a greater sin. So this is a clear example of some sins are greater than others. But, all sin is destructive. No doubt about it. The problem is, if we think all sin is the same, we can fall into temptation to sin big, so to speak. Not trying to be divisive here, but wanting to be sure the truth comes across, and that temptation will be kept to a minimum. Thinking on the sin pleasureably will lead to the sin eventually in the outward form. If we look after a woman to lust after her, we commit adultery in our heart. We have sinned. But doing the overt act is worse yet. Thank you!
  • hey sammybackues,
    first of all, welcome to the site.... :)

i think we had a thread talking about this whole idea of sin being equal or not....

i do believe sin is equal... when we sin we're hurting Christ - causing one more nail in his hand... we are becoming less perfect with every wrong thing we do

the thing about sin is it has different earthly concequeces, which makes it seem like it has levels
    example: when one swears - they might get yelled at or get some sort of warning to watch their language.
    however if one murders - they will be trialed and jailed for a very long time

each sin here has a different earthly concequence depending on how much harm it has inflicted on a person

but in God's eyes "whatever you do unto the least of My bretheren you do to Me"... so if you kill someone or lie to them - damnation is the result of that sin in the after life (unless one confesses and repents of course)...

if sin werent equal in the eyes of God - we could be saying stuff like "its ok to lie, as long as i dont kill anyone i'll be ok..."... and that's not a good mentality... however if we think saying "if i lie its like i murdered" then we'll probably be more careful and aware of what we're doing....

get what im trying to say? this is just my view on this, i could very much be wrong...

hope you dont mind me disagreeing with you

take care and God bless
  • das so true crazy copt
    i was always taught that if u know that like murdering for example is bad and you know the consequences by god- then u go and murder some1 its different to some1 that knows nothin bou8t morals all religion and goes and murders some1
    god will judge them differently because we knew and commited the sind but they didnt
    hope u know wat i mean
  • Just a quick note on the equality of sin...I don't recall the exact Biblical reference, but someone asked Jesus a question about sin and Jesus basically told him that if you broke one of the commandments you broke all the commandments. sorry about the reference...I'll try to look it up.
  • hi

well, personally i don't think everyone is judged the same. because i heard someone ask a priest a question about that and he said that god judges you on what you know. so if you never herd of god. i don't think god judges you very harshly. but i'm probably very wrong