Believe me we are not to rest in this world even on this forum if we are not

edited December 2012 in Faith Issues
Believe me we are not to rest in this world even on this forum if we are not doing our duties

If anyone does not work he shall not eat

I know you may be sick one day and you will worry life passed you by without accomplishing your side dreams and vision and worry you lose or never have  an image as a person full of life and full of the Spirit and full of wisdom you worry about seeming strange and being a bad example you worry that you are a bad example because people judge you if you are lazy by your accomplishments and you judge yourself
but still we look for approval from God and not from man

We must make work our portion as Job says all life is labor like a hired servant

We are not to set our heart on riches as a reward though we can work for it
David says about the fool he has "more" than heart could wish
we can be rich but not be greedy we should seek growth in godliness above all things
and be useful to society and others to integrate in society

Perhaps when God sees you work hard he will somehow make room for other things in your life

We are to rest when God says we can rest..having hope for the joys of the heavenly country in which there is a time for all things

Even though pope shenouda iii says

"We cannot watch the world as it perishes!
But we must work for its sake
so long as it is in our ability to do so"
Pope Shenouda

I have no choice. I leave it to God to watch over His world

Why should I lose the virtue of hard work and make conflict with all people who demand I get work done

I hope pleasing these people is making the world benefited

It is not our work which brings men to God

"Noone can come to the Me except the Father draw him"

where does that leave people who have abandoned work?

there can not be such people as they condemn those who work and discourage them They must find a hobby and make work for it like the monks made baskets
Everyone must work to his abilities they must work in some fashion or another to support themselves and other even if it is spiritual labor like St Paul something that clearly benefits a person people must not settle for a little for the one talent but must try to make more

However I will say year 12 made me so heavy laden from work and my sins I could not help but have suicidal thoughts but I came to Jesus as He says "Come to Me all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest"

I don't think we should feel guilty for having breaks if we are not overdoing?
it and we are not giving our first strength or our strength to it but it naturally feels as acceptable

Maybe I should not use this forum anymore but I know when I am lacking strength to study and when I am confused
"out of the heart spring the issues of life "
I just have concerns I worry that the comfort and guidance in my heart is not the best or realistic so I put it here to be

I just wanted to say I want to be off this forum but I feel my tiredness has a spiritual reason so I come here I need to feel God is not abandoning me or punishing me for not doing some spiritual time

It is the putting of anything above duty and holiness which explains
"and the desire for other things entering in choke the word and he becomes unfruitful "
"obedience makes fruit grow on a stick "

Comments

• Believe me being greedy or riches is a temptation
    You could buy the best computer buy a plane you could live in heaven on earth
    You could buy so many things to make your life easier
    Even people help you out if you have money
    I don't expect to buy a plane but getting richer = more opportunities
    = more friends as you can entertain them
    = more help for my kids
    = more dreams and career opportunities

Being rich seems to be the solution for my ADHD and anxiety

Only I can find out what's wrong with me  which I can buy anything to test it

The weird thing is I used to never see anything on the
    market that interested me and I thought I was beyond the temptation of riches

My dad says it is good to have desires and get interested in what other youth are intersted in but he doesn't like me buying things without me working but he let's me

If you have money because you worked hard and gave alms that will make you have riches in heaven

Otherwise what other way can we get riches in heaven ? By fasting ? By praying ? By being a soccer player ? And thereby gaining people to the kingdom ?
    By standing out in a talent ? By making songs of repentance ?
    By making a video game ?
    By making a business ? I mean by all this seeking fame ?
    Or being a good example by this ?
    You can go and try to have unrealistic goals in which you have no talent for and think you are gaining riches in heaven but you end up failing then what ? While you disobeyed your parents advice to work and now you see you are foolish
    Let not your right hand know what your left hand is doing ? What should I say about this verse ?
    We work hard and give alms that noone may be in need then we store riches in heaven because we seek no fame

When you give when it causes you suffering but you are a cheerful giver
    Instead of pretending because you gave a lot of money that you gave much even if you did not really work hard for it or you have everything you wanted
    Of course you should have everything you need but not what you want
    The problem is I don't feel happy giving to anyone in need because they never benefit from my help and I guess they are not really in great sadness but they just want to test me
    and why do I have to give if I am poor myself in that I cutoff my own future by destroying my resources myself when I am in need and not want 
    The problem is I am always needy so I always think I need money
    When will I reach the state of stopping my wants only when I am not needy
    I have needs my wife will have needs my children will have needs
    and false friends will not be faithful to you when you help them. They wont even be honest with you

Besides I don't know if anyone is really I need in 1st world countries or if I am best to help them
  • From your threads you seem to have a gushing stream of thoughts.

1. I think you need to have some quiet time. You may want to try sitting in a quiet place alone. Say a very short prayer (does not have to be articulated into thoughts, so, may be just lift up your heart to God and say: help!).
    Then do some breathing exercises.

Just for a little while, focus your mind on one thing. Just one thing: Jesus' love. His love is capable of granting all your desires, needs and wishes.

2. Meet up with a good friend whom you are comfortable talking with. Discuss something close to your hearts. We are social beings. We need to talk to someone who will listen to us every once in a while.

3. It is troubling when we get thoughts or think of questions about the meaning of life, morality and spirituality. It makes us anxious, restless. so we need to STOP and have a break. We are not machines so we need time out every now and then

4. Everything in moderation

• My beloved brother Mike, where should i begin?
    As a new member on this forum and surely the most wretched, I feel a bit out of place responding with words that i myself need to act on more than you - but i trust nobody will take offense at what/how i write & i pray that you/someone might even somehow benefit, since a "wise man learns from a fool" and this fool lacks the virtue of silence.

Having just read your 3 most recent posts along with their responses, i'll try to respond to each thread one-by-one later (God permitting), since all of them raise multiple issues that ought to be dealt with separately in order to clarify misconceptions that result in confusion, exhaustion &/or worst of all despair (God forbid). 

First of all, i'd like to thank you for your sincerity and openness in sharing so many details about your spiritual battles and journey with Christ. As someone who took some comfort from your posts/replies, i hope you'll keep contributing here as long as it seems beneficial to you - "knowing that the same sufferings are accomplished in your brethren who are in the world" (1 Peter 5:9).

Rest assured that beneath all of the speculation, confusion and frustration you've expressed in your posts, it is clear that you have a deep love for God/Christ and a longing desire to conduct a lifestyle that pleases Him. Your love for Christ and longing to draw near to Him is extremely precious in His sight (certainly more than you currently realize), and more pleasing to Him than any perceived victory over any particular "sin" that may burden you now. Regardless of what you think, say or do - God NEVER abandons you!

i strongly urge you (& myself first) to keep in frequent contact with your Father of Confession & do your best to follow his guidance (nothing more, nothing less), as this Sacrament proves to bring deep relief for the soul and divine power into your struggles against the flesh & its lusts. Be encouraged, "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, Who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Cor. 10:13)

Do not surrender to fear or doubts, and do not let yourself be deceived: our Lord knows that our enemy is stronger than we are, and neither expects nor demands us to achieve victory over sin by our own efforts. Rather, He calls us to love/forgive/help others, to fight/resist evil and to patiently endure, repenting/confessing & rising up with hope in Him each time we fall. "Thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1Cor. 15:57) For this reason He comforted the disciples who would soon scatter & betray Him (read John chapters 14-17 again) summarizing, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:32-33)

Forgive me for being too lengthy, i'll end here for now and try to keep the next ones shorter - in the meantime, please remember me in your prayers and may St. Mary, St. George, Abu Sefein, Archangel Michael and all the saints pray for you, me and all of us.

"Fight to the death for truth, and the Lord God will fight for you." (Sirach 4:28)
  • Thankyou your kindness is overwhelming