Definition of the word "Coptic"?

I came across this post and was befuddled. . .I've never heard this argument before. Can someone speak to its soundness?
Heiromonk Ioann Younan, Nov. 20, 2012, Facebook said:
A humble and simple gift to my COPTES friends upon the enthronement of H.H. Pope Theodros II Pontiff of The Coptic "CUT or BANNED" Church.
Maybe you don't know that the word "COPTIC" has nothing to do with EGYPT !!!
As a matter of fact the Greek words "COPTIS = ΚΟΠΤΙΣ" (adjective,singular) and "COPTES = ΚΟΠΤΑΙΣ" (adjective,plural) , both mean the participle adjective from the Greek verb"ΚΟΒΩ = I
CUT" .
Since the end of The Great and Holy 4TH Ecumenical Orthodox Synod of Chalcedony,
and since Patriarch Dioscoros cut himself and his COPTIC Church from the whole body of THE ONE GREAT HOLY APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL ORTHODOX CHURCH OF CHRIST, and got excommunicated by the whole body of The Holy 630 Fathers gathered for the faith in the Synod,they were called ΚΟΠΤΑΙΣ = COPTES which means the CUT or BANNED, and till now unless the whole COPTIC church body being Clergy and Laity embraces the Chalcedonian Synod definition of the faithn and the following 3 Orthodox Synods , so that they might be called ORTHODOX !!
For the time being,we might call The COPTIC Church "ORTHODOX" for the simple reason for not being in Communion with The Roman Pontiff,as like as ,The Uniate Pseudo Oriental Churches.

Comments

• [quote author=Andrew link=topic=13909.msg161339#msg161339 date=1353476943]
    I came across this post and was befuddled. . .I've never heard this argument before. Can someone speak to its soundness?

[quote=Heiromonk Ioann Younan, Nov. 20, 2012, Facebook]A humble and simple gift to my COPTES friends upon the enthronement of H.H. Pope Theodros II Pontiff of The Coptic "CUT or BANNED" Church.
    Maybe you don't know that the word "COPTIC" has nothing to do with EGYPT !!!
    As a matter of fact the Greek words "COPTIS = ΚΟΠΤΙΣ" (adjective,singular) and "COPTES = ΚΟΠΤΑΙΣ" (adjective,plural) , both mean the participle adjective from the Greek verb"ΚΟΒΩ = I
    CUT" .
    Since the end of The Great and Holy 4TH Ecumenical Orthodox Synod of Chalcedony,
    and since Patriarch Dioscoros cut himself and his COPTIC Church from the whole body of THE ONE GREAT HOLY APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL ORTHODOX CHURCH OF CHRIST, and got excommunicated by the whole body of The Holy 630 Fathers gathered for the faith in the Synod,they were called ΚΟΠΤΑΙΣ = COPTES which means the CUT or BANNED, and till now unless the whole COPTIC church body being Clergy and Laity embraces the Chalcedonian Synod definition of the faithn and the following 3 Orthodox Synods , so that they might be called ORTHODOX !!
    For the time being,we might call The COPTIC Church "ORTHODOX" for the simple reason for not being in Communion with The Roman Pontiff,as like as ,The Uniate Pseudo Oriental Churches.

The word 'Copt' comes from the Greek word Αἴγυπτος (Aigyptos), meaning Egypt. This was shortened to gypt (Arabic قبط qibt) and Latinised to Copt.