Is Life Hard????

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys
i was jus wonderin u know bein a christian an all, do u find it hard living in a society that doesnt believe in god?? like is it harder for you to speak bout christianity openly or discuss somefin witought the fear of someone sayin sumfin???
let me know wat u feel
thanx god bless
mazza ;D

Comments

• I actually don’t find talking about God to others that’s hard, rather, I feel that it’s useless! I have a non-practicing Catholic friend who always starts talking about Christianity to me and no matter what i tell her, she's still not getting the point. It’s rather sad b/c she's Catholic and she questions her own faith and doubts her beliefs. People in this day in age just don’t understand what it means to be Christian. Its not just about attending ONE mass throughout the year or attending a Christian school…they just don’t get it...being Christian is a lot more personal and directed towards your own relationship with God….they just don’t feel the need to love their creator; their Saviour….
    To add to that, i sometimes feel insecure talking publicly about my faith because i become upset when i hear people reprimanding the Christian faith. Being a Christian and all, I’ve learned that God is loving and compassionate, and without Him, we would never persevere...but it bothers me when i know people are not going to be able to experience that EVER b/c of their attitude towards the Christian faith. I just get really emotional when it comes to my faith that i can’t put up with hearing the negative remarks from others; I simply avoid faith-oriented conversations for that matter. GB++
  • well i usually don't talk about it with the many acquaintances i have. I choose my very close friends carefully and whenever i talk to them about it they always have a lot of respect and i have no trouble at all. Theres this one friend i have though and we're sort of close. she doesn't really know what she is now and i've told her some bible stories and stuff just to really show her the significance of it all because when you have someone sitting with you talking to you about it its a lot different than hearing a sermon sometimes. I think shes a great person honestly but shes just not religious because her family isn't. so ..yeah... i've never really been insecure to talk about my faith because there will be bigger harships that need my focus rather than that.
  • I definetly think its hard to live around people who dont believe in God, because even though a large percentage of people here were baptized catholic or are protestant, many of them dont go to church at all and completely deny the existence of a God, which is pretty sad.
    I dont find it difficult to speak about Christianity, definetly during high school there was lots of discussions about religion with atheists, christians, and people of various religions, now in college, theres is a like a 1% rate of students that actually care about religon at all! So even if there is a talk about Christianity sometimes its useless, cause a lot of people have hardened their hearts as pharoah!
  • a lot of people have hardened their hearts because of major hardships in their lives and thats even sadder because i don't think they're bad people, i just wish they could find happiness again and they're searching for it but won't find it without God
  • you know first ask your self ...is it supposed to be easy? then read your Bible and the answer is "Thrive to go through the narrow gate" in the final analysis my friend...In the words of H.G. Anba Angaelos "IfHe brought you to it, He'll bring you trhough it...and he'll bring you through it, so long as your willing to stand the pull."
  • at school i think i hang out with almost all religion there is, actually i think im the only Christian, but i dont think the topic of God ever came up and we are all comfortable knowing each others beliefs, and yes i remember a couple of discussions about God came up and beliefs, but i think u can still be friends with a muslim, i do, i have 2 friends that are muslims.....lol ;D
  • thanx guys for the great responses
  • hay guys
    umm i well kind of yes i find it hard coz i go to a protestant skool and stuff and most people dont care bout it and stuff but when it comes to biblical studies for example last year i needed help with my assignment and he was sayin bad stuff bout orthodoxy and im goin to hell bla bla bla its not like he is God to judge me and that was the principal and i had a fight with him i asked him for the bible to get refrences out then shood me off and his son was my teacher and he used to say bad stuff bout us publically lyk to the class and say we do stuff we dont do so i just got all my material and quoted everything he sed was wrong from the bible so he got rocked hard but yer and all the class mates wood just go o shutup nardin we dont care wat u belive but umm i do so yer i dont hav a prob. with speeking bout my beliefs
    my frends i hang wit i isnt christian 1 protestant 1 catholic, orthodoz, orthodoz, protestant and yer lotz more
    but if they need sumthin they always cum up to me for answers yes sumtimes there are discussions bout God its pretty good an interesting but umm. yer lyk at camp at nite obviously i coodnt sleep without talking to God and as well another frend but on the second nite we dn a little prayer thingo together and even the non-christian prayed with us and respected us

so yer sorri it was long :-\ :-[ :-[

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    BE ALL STRONG IN YOUR FAITH :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
  • Is life hard?

Surely..it's hard to live in the world but not let the world live in you. It's hard to have anything even friends sometimes..going to school you come across lots of frightening things..television is bad (I don't watch tv) humans have gotten to the extent where even Church can be a place of sin. So IS the world hard? I think so..
  • thanx guys for your responses- theyre gr8 ;D