Al El Orban

Hello everyone,

Is Al El Orban only for feasts or annual days as well?

I saw that on the HCOC website that the lessons for that hymn are under the "General Hymns for Feasts" section instead of the "The Divine Liturgy Hymns" section.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=13738.msg160221#msg160221 date=1348987242]
    Hello everyone,

Is Al El Orban only for feasts or annual days as well?

I saw that on the HCOC website that the lessons for that hymn are under the "General Hymns for Feasts" section instead of the "The Divine Liturgy Hymns" section.

Thank you very much.

it generally replaces the 41 Kerie Leisons in feasts at night liturgies. the other teaching is that it should be said in non-fasting days.....in fasting days (more specifically lent) you should be saying Apinav shopi.
  • whenever Fai pe pi is said Al el Orban should also be said
  • Some say that abi naf shobi is prayed on weekdays and fasting days. I consider this not right as Alleluia is prayed during the weekdays as well as fasting days.
  • His Grace Bishop Rafael said a meditation in which this hymn symbolizes the pain and agony which St. Mary endured while bearing Christ. I have always been taught that this hymn can be chanted on Annual Days; however, I am certain that Moalem Ibrahim Ayad and the Chorus chant it in feasts.