Burning Cds

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I know this might sound silly, but is burning cds wrong? i mean like liturgies and hymns and stuff?? is it considering stealing. i heard that it is stealing and not allowed, if u can give me advice that would be great, thank you and May God Bless You

Comments

• hey,
    it ALWAYS depends, like if its copyrighted, then email the admin of the site u got it from and ask for permission, if no copyright is shown, then i guess u can burn it and all, but just in case, email the admin.......
    and isnt there alredy a section showing copyright rules and stuff?..........
    hope that helped.
    GBU ;)
  • I really really doubt it..unless you're downloading those copyrighted thingies illegally and whatnot..but no church hymns or liturgies are copyrighted since they actually want people to download them and benefit from them. God bless.
  • actually...the reason man people look at is as a bad thing is because these Cantors make a living through alhan, and by selling these tapes. And when you burn your own cd's they aren't getting the money they earned. of course it shouldn't be held back from you to learn these alhan, and thats why we have all these amazing websites. But thats just the logic behind it. Somewhere on Coptichymns.net [i forget where], H.G. Anba Youseff [i think] has an article about that topic. i'll try to find it for you.

Pray for me
  • yer paulh is right but i dont find anything wrong with it like what if you dont have it at your church library and its on here i think its kool

GB ALL
    +FROG+