Christ is in our Midst!

edited December 1969 in Introductions
Greetings all,

My name is Arsenios and I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian.  I joined this site because the Coptic Church has always interested me, and I'm here to learn a bit more.

In particular, and I can make threads about this when the time comes, I wanted to know about Coptic Monastic spirituality, and find out why some of you who are converts converted to Coptic Orthodoxy and not Eastern Orthodoxy.

Peace,

Comments

• my muslim friend introduced me to his coptic friend; this is how i found the orthodox church!
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13572.msg158152#msg158152 date=1343398272]
    my muslim friend introduced me to his coptic friend; this is how i found the orthodox church!

Ah, sweet.  One of the first Orthodox friends I had was/is a convert to Oriental Orthodoxy, particularly Coptic Orthodoxy.  And one of the first Orthodox books I ever read was one by HH Pope Shenouda that I downloaded from a website.

:)
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13572.msg158144#msg158144 date=1343358784]
    Welcome,

Note that Coptic is an ethnicity; we are first and foremost Oriental Orthodox.
    Eastern Orthodox is to Oriental Orthodox, as Greek Orthodox is to Coptic Orthodox.

Yes, I know that.  Forgive me for not being specific.  :)