God has a plan

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi guys!
I'm very new to this, so i'm not so sure how things work, but i find it such an amazing idea to allow all of us, of the same coptic orthodox faith share ideas like this, in an open and spiritual manner :)
Anyways, I was just thinking, we all know God has a plan for everyone and as I understand it, we should not worry about the problems we face because God's plan will be fulfilled no matter what; if we submit to Him completely. But sometimes, a faithful person might feel that nothing satisfies or this is not the life they always "dreamed" of living. Why is that? Doesnt God know our dreams and our needs? I understand we gotta be thankful and simple and accepting. But is it ok to aim for something more what you got? And how do we know what God's plan is? or where His will for us is then??? I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts

Comments

• Hi...

First of all, you seem new. So welcome!

Interesting topic...to be honest, i have thoughts about what could happen to me in the future, but then i realize that it probably won't. I know God has a plan for me, and that His plan will come through, but is it what i have in mind? is it what i want to have?

Then the reason why i stop thinking about this hits me: since when does anyone know what they want? If it's simple decisions like what you're gonna wear in the morning, you can tell what you want. But you're talking about ur LIFE here, how on earth will you know what to decide? That's why we commit our lives to the Lord, so that He may decide for us, and choose what is right for us. Sometimes, it may seem like you didn't get what you wanted, but there's a good reason after that. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't!

Example: when i was a kid, i REALLY wanted a dog. I was basically begging my parents to get me one. Finally, they say 'yes', but when we went to buy the dog, the lady that was selling them had sold her last one. We weren't going to go looking for another one though. A couple of years later, i was sitting at my friend's house (who had a dog), and started having an allergic reaction. That's when i realized why God had let this happen. I could have REALLY been hurt if i had bought that dog.

Like my dad always says: 'may God's will be done'. AMEN!!

~Cheers!~
  • Thanks for the nice welcome :)
    Well, ya i see your point, but there are many things i still dont understand.
    If its God's Will and you can't see it at the beginning and maybe even you dont feel that you "want" it and knowing what "you want" relates to the kinda life style you prefer, your passions, your strenghts. Of course, God is the center of our life and the aim of every Christian.
    But how can you know what He wants if sometimes you think that its not what you want at the moment and you just dont want to do it. Let's take carreer planning for example.
    or sometime, there are many great decisions that you can think they're from God and in this case, How can you know What God wants?? How can you understand His plan??
    (sorry, i know i might sound confused and confusing, but i hope what i am trying to say is understandable)
  • hay needingJC
    welcome i hope u enjoy and benefit from this site as much as i do

ok well its not always Gods will u no like God didnt wasnt to control us so he gave us free will and thats how we choose to do stuff and thats y its not always a good choice but God is still watching im sorry i dont think i make sense or helped either im sorry its reely late thats y im not thinkin proply sorry

GBU ALL PPLZ
    +FROG+
  • Does that mean that by our Free Will, we might miss God's plan, cuz thats a scary thought, i guess He will guide us to His plan when we tell Him "Let not my will, but yours be done." even though sometimes its hard to see, He has His ways of revealing His plan to us :)
  • NeedingJC,ý
    Welcome to the addition we call Tasbeha.org. LOL I hope you benefit as much as we all ýdo.ý

You bring up an important topic. I am sure there are thousands of books, Millions of ýarticles and a few discussions about this topic or related all over the place. But Here is ýmy opinion.ý

When David sinned (it was his actions and his will, not God's) yet God found a way to fit ýit into His plan. Now David became an example of repentance. Even David himself ýrepented and became a better person. He wrote about 100 Psalms after his sin, not before. ý

This is not to suggest that we need to sin to get closer to God, but This is an example of ýhow God turned things around. Sinful servant suggests that we should surrender our will ýto God. Then, I think, we will be robbing ourselves of one of the greatest gifts God gave ýus, free will. I was reading a book recently by a Coptic author (Its an Arabic book titled ýý"how to make your life changing decisions". The book is endorsed by H.G. Bishop ýMoussa and the author is a Coptic youth leader, unfortunately this was book 1 of 2 and I ýcan't find the second :-\ ) but in that book he talks about making those decisions. We ýshouldn't leave it all to God and belittle ourselves in saying that we are incapable of ýmaking good decisions. However, he is suggesting that we make those decisions with the ýguidance of the Holy Spirit. Some of the examples he used were choosing a career path. I ýshould consider what my options are, what my interests are, etc... when I come to a ýdecision, I ask God for help and Blessing. If it is the will of God, I will know if it is not, ýGod has His loving and caring way of letting us know. ý

I believe that as long as your heart is in the right place and your goals are set straight, ýdon't think what will happen 10, 20 and 50 years from now. At every stage of your life, ýyou will be faced to make decisions for that stage. Ask God for guidance, Ask Him to ýhelp you choose but always make that decision. H.H. Pope Shenouda was saying that ýpeople want God to choose for them so that they can divert the responsibility and that ýway they have an escape Goat. This shouldn't be our attitude. ý

I think that God's plan is for us to be born and some how end up in Paradise with Him ýand the saints, those mere 70 years in between will be a drop in the ocean of eternity. But ýGod still provides and we just rely on Him to pick up the pieces.ý

I hope this made sense.ý
  • Thanks alot, i needed to hear words like that :)
    And i think i'm gonna start reading spiritual books, they must be helpful.
    thanks again :)
  • [quote author=Coptic boy link=board=1;threadid=1357;start=0#msg22595 date=1111776146]
    NeedingJC,ý
    Welcome to the addition we call Tasbeha.org. LOL I hope you benefit as much as we all ýdo.ý

You bring up an important topic. I am sure there are thousands of books, Millions of ýarticles and a few discussions about this topic or related all over the place. But Here is ýmy opinion.ý

When David sinned (it was his actions and his will, not God's) yet God found a way to fit ýit into His plan. Now David became an example of repentance. Even David himself ýrepented and became a better person. He wrote about 100 Psalms after his sin, not before. ý

This is not to suggest that we need to sin to get closer to God, but This is an example of ýhow God turned things around. Sinful servant suggests that we should surrender our will ýto God. Then, I think, we will be robbing ourselves of one of the greatest gifts God gave ýus, free will. I was reading a book recently by a Coptic author (Its an Arabic book titled ýý"how to make your life changing decisions". The book is endorsed by H.G. Bishop ýMoussa and the author is a Coptic youth leader, unfortunately this was book 1 of 2 and I ýcan't find the second :-\ ) but in that book he talks about making those decisions. We ýshouldn't leave it all to God and belittle ourselves in saying that we are incapable of ýmaking good decisions. However, he is suggesting that we make those decisions with the ýguidance of the Holy Spirit. Some of the examples he used were choosing a career path. I ýshould consider what my options are, what my interests are, etc... when I come to a ýdecision, I ask God for help and Blessing. If it is the will of God, I will know if it is not, ýGod has His loving and caring way of letting us know. ý

I believe that as long as your heart is in the right place and your goals are set straight, ýdon't think what will happen 10, 20 and 50 years from now. At every stage of your life, ýyou will be faced to make decisions for that stage. Ask God for guidance, Ask Him to ýhelp you choose but always make that decision. H.H. Pope Shenouda was saying that ýpeople want God to choose for them so that they can divert the responsibility and that ýway they have an escape Goat. This shouldn't be our attitude. ý

I think that God's plan is for us to be born and some how end up in Paradise with Him ýand the saints, those mere 70 years in between will be a drop in the ocean of eternity. But ýGod still provides and we just rely on Him to pick up the pieces.ý

I hope this made sense.ý

:o :o WOW gr8 stuff copticboy thats heeps good and very beneficial thank u :) ;) :D ;D

GBU ALL PPLZ
    +FROG+