Hebrews chapter 6 verse 6

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone, recently like 9 months ago, I became a christian and repented and took the holy communion for a while. Then I fell away for like 4 months. But I never made that decision it was from temptation. But then, duuring those 4 months, I said I want to be an athiest. But I never did what an athiest does, I think. What brought me back is that I came across a youtube video of a girl who went to hell and came back and drew pictures of hell. I was so scared that I just dropped everything and begged for my forgiveness. After I did, I thought everything was okay. Until I found this verse in the bible. It was the most terrifying thing I have ever read. Now I think that my hopes are lost. Is it over for me?

Comments

• Do not be afraid beloved. Repentance is a daily strife, we must always give an account of our sins before the Lord and ascend the ladder of the spiritual life.

It does not matter how pious one is to continue in the life of repentance. I do encourage you to read the history of saints like abba Antony, abba Makarius, abba Bishoy, and many others ascetics who lived the life of repentance.

Let your relationship with God be built on His love, not on being afraid of Him. He is our father and we do address Him as a Father in the Lord's prayer. He suffered for your sake and even if you were the only one alive, He would have still come die in your place. This is how much He loves you.

It is essential that you have a father of confession who may lead you in your spiritual life and with whom you can uncover the thoughts of your heart.

May the Lord be with you and grant you the life of repentance.
  • salvation is a continuous process, not a single point in time like the protestant Christians think.
    our church fathers interpreted this verse as meaning that if someone continues sinning right up till death that they will not go to heaven.
    i agree it's good to read the lives of the saints, they encourage us to keep going.
    go to church every week if you can, and work hard on your spiritual life every day (pray, read the Bible and do things which please God).

we all struggle with sin, even those of us who have been Christian for a long time.
    don't give up!
  • The worst thing is not doing sin but is resisting from doing repetance. ask the help of the holly spirit. Grace of the lord be with all of us.