Lost Sheep-the RIGHT way to return them

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've heard that approaching a sinner and telling him to stop a sin can have him fall deeper into sin. How can I, as a servant, return the scattered sheep back to the arms of Christ, and away from their sin THE RIGHT WAY? What is the right way

Comments

• "You" can not do anything! Only our Lord can return the lost sheep. What we can do is to live in the likeness of God as true Christians and to pray that God may save them.

please pray for me.
  • I have got exactly the same question, thanks for starting this thread.

If your brother or sister sins, how can you return them to God in the right way?
    First, I think it is important to make them self realize that the thing he/she is doing, is wrong, without judging him/her. Love is VERY important. That you try to convince him with love, otherwise he/she won't listen to you.
    I learned very interesting ways in my psychology lectures, at how to change attitudes. I will come back at it, but for now I will leave other, wiser people to respond.

GBU
  • LOVE THEM. Show them that you care about them. They've been judged enough already.
  • Prayer, prayer, lots of prayer. As was the case with St. Augustine and his mother.
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=13436.msg157042#msg157042 date=1340559879]
    "You" can not do anything! Only our Lord can return the lost sheep.

I'd be careful with that statement.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13436.msg157119#msg157119 date=1340736382]
    [quote author=caji link=topic=13436.msg157042#msg157042 date=1340559879]
    "You" can not do anything! Only our Lord can return the lost sheep.

I'd be careful with that statement.

No, he's right.
  • Yes he is, but saying "you can't do anything" to a person who asks a question about bringing someone back to God sounds a little rough. If I asked that question, that's not the response I would want to here.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13436.msg157152#msg157152 date=1340782888]
    Yes he is, but saying "you can't do anything" to a person who asks a question about bringing someone back to God sounds a little rough. If I asked that question, that's not the response I would want to here.

What to say to them? How to approach someone with God's message?