Hiten's During the Departure of Pope

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello. What are we supposed to say instead of the part for the pope, during the hymn of the intercessions?

Comments

• At my church, we say:

Hiten ni evshi ente peniot ethowab empatriarshes
    papa ava shenooti pi arshi erevs
    epshois...
  • We say,
    Hiten nievki ente peniot ettayot enarshe erevs papa avva shenouda just like the book or pamphlet that came out from the baramous monastery

However Ibo doesnt say it at all. He only says the metropolitans and the bishops. but im not sure if thats because they are present or because he just doesnt say the pope
  • Ekhrestos anesty,
    I don't think it's even legitimate to sing hedan niawsha for pope Shenouda.. he isn't considered a saint yet.. not before 50 years after departure..
    Oujai
  • I thought that official instructions had been released to cover the references to His Holiness Pope Shenouda?

We are certainly using texts that our bishop has issued, based on those which seem to be official.
  • This is the hetin that is said: http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/2481
    a hetinni is said for the bishop if he is present where we say, Through their prayers....

[quote author=ophadece link=topic=13279.msg155343#msg155343 date=1336458086]
    Ekhrestos anesty,
    I don't think it's even legitimate to sing hedan niawsha for pope Shenouda.. he isn't considered a saint yet.. not before 50 years after departure..
    Oujai

The pope is not a canonical saint but he is still a saint, a holy man of God, as a Pope and not an individual. At the end of the commemoration in midnight tasbeha, we say Pray to the lord on our behalf, our holy father the Patriarch...thah He may forgive us our sins. a hetinni is the same except it is twisted around.
  • We certainly love Pope Shenouda He is one of the greatest patriarchs, the Church has received. Yet, we still abide by the Church rites regarding the saints' commemoration.

In the hidanis we ray that the prayers of the saints we mentioned may protect the patriarch. Since we do not have a partriarch, we skip it.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13279.msg155343#msg155343 date=1336458086]
    Ekhrestos anesty,
    Oujai

Is that OB or arabic?
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13279.msg155356#msg155356 date=1336482944]
    [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13279.msg155343#msg155343 date=1336458086]
    Ekhrestos anesty,
    Oujai

Is that OB or arabic?

OB is Hidan ni awka