Trinity for Dummies (muslims)

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've been starting to debate with some muslim friends and of course the first thing they bring up is how can Christ be God when he is praying on earth and all these sort of questions. What is a simple response for them?

Comments

• Somewhat irrelevant to your question, but I object to the reference to muslims in parenthesises following the word "dummies". Its offensive. Though, if you can, stick my name in that bracket too, cause I get confused on that topic of discussion as well.
  • I agree, we as Christians are held to a higher standard. How is our religion different from anyone else's if we don't love like Christ taught us.

On to your topic. I think its best to think first about the purpose of debate. If they are asking questions because they have an interest in the faith, God has touched their heart, and they want to learn more, I'm sure many here will be able to give good references to help. If their purpose is simply to debate so that there is a winner and loser, don't waste your breath, work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
  • I agree 100% with aiernovi said. But even if that is the case, it is good to find the answers to these questions for your own benefit.

I asked a question similar to this a while back. I'm sure it has at least some of the answers you are looking for.