I'm having issues with being lazy!!!

Whenever I try to wake up early and pray, I end up falling asleep. How do you avoid this?!

or sometimes when its time to my prostrations I just get lazy and want to sleep.

Please give me pointers if you have any on perhaps tactics on how to combat this?
I need to change my daily schedule to sleep early and wake up early!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless!!

Comments

• I read this today too LOL. It was really good. I have the same problem, I feel like I waste so much time at night, and in the morning waking up is really hard. I think that sleeping early would be so beneficial, but I feel like it would take some serious adjustments to schedule.
  • [quote author=Shere Ni Maria link=topic=13115.msg154078#msg154078 date=1333398411]
    I read this today too LOL. It was really good. I have the same problem, I feel like I waste so much time at night, and in the morning waking up is really hard. I think that sleeping early would be so beneficial, but I feel like it would take some serious adjustments to schedule.

Yea, Fr Anthony really hit the nail on the head, I really needed that one. Honestly, the only way to get the most out of the day is to do a good prayer in the morning and that can only be done by waking up earlier and having that quiet time.
  • Really, an ultimate solution is firm and strict discipline with core values have been evaluated, goals have been evaluated, and you give yourself a purpose. Best way for this to happen is to enlist in the military of your country and serve a few years in your profession (if possible). Another way would be to have your parents hit you with belts and police-graded extendable batons and make sure you wake up. I am going to take all my university classes very early (as early as possible) to train myself. You can force yourself to wake up early and train by scheduling everything very very early. You will realise that that gives you LOADS of time in the afternoon, literally tons. And all you gotta do is sleep at around 9 to 10PM, awesome.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=13115.msg154383#msg154383 date=1333797941]
    Really, an ultimate solution is firm and strict discipline with core values have been evaluated, goals have been evaluated, and you give yourself a purpose. Best way for this to happen is to enlist in the military of your country and serve a few years in your profession (if possible). Another way would be to have your parents hit you with belts and police-graded extendable batons and make sure you wake up. I am going to take all my university classes very early (as early as possible) to train myself. You can force yourself to wake up early and train by scheduling everything very very early. You will realise that that gives you LOADS of time in the afternoon, literally tons. And all you gotta do is sleep at around 9 to 10PM, awesome.

You just made my day!

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • I can relate to this!

I think a good way to make sure you pray in the morning is to say for example, I'm not going to have breakfast until I pray, or I'm not going to brush my teeth and wash my face until I pray, so that way you have to pray!

Hope that helps :)
  • great post!
    also try:
    'i'm not going to post anything else on tasbeha.org until i pray and read the Bible'
    ;)
  • I think you have a good plan. We must do our duties even if we like to sleep and feel lazy all day. I realize that my body clock has adjusted with my morning rituals too. Thank God he helps me adjust. :)