Changing an FoC...help?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi Guys :)

I have an issue, and I really need help on how to go about it. Since I was 10 years old, I have had the same FoC; I did not really have a choice, as my parents chose for me because I was young. I am now 18 years old, and although I really love him, I feel as if I would be more comfortable and more open with another FoC...I already know which Abouna I would like to change to and everything. Is it okay to change FoC's? If so, how do I go about doing so; I should let my current one know, right? How do I do so? I feel as if it would be kind of awkward. Thank you so much for reading this and for your answers.
Pray for me!!!!
Your sister in Christ.

Comments

• it shouldn't be that 'awkward' if you are tht comfortable with your old foc. but i strongly recommend that you do let him know instead of just not going to him anymore.
  • yes, it's not that unusual to change in teenage years or early adulthood, coz u no longer are dependent on yr parents and might start to think a bit differently to them.
    maybe start by telling him u are grown up now and would like to do some things differently to yr parents. tell him u want to grow strong in yr own faith and not just follow theirs. this is a good idea coz then u will be strong in any temptation and in sharing yr faith when u are far from yr parents.
  • I have my father of confession and for a long time I thought that he "didnt get me". But for him being a normal egyptian and me being a uncultured american, he does astonishingly well. But I always have those converts that I associate with too. I don't think it is weird, it actually shows spiritual maturity and tells me that you take your faith very seriously, for that I commend you.

• Thank you all so much, I appreciate the detailed replies :)
    God bless you in all that you do, and pray for me!!!