The Holy Trinity

edited February 2012 in Faith Issues
Jesus was not given a new soul when He came on earth
He was just given a body and spirit that is not seperated or changing God in any way so the world can see and handle the Word of God
He always existed with the Father and was never separated from the Father at all
He said I and My Father are one and all things were made through him and is the image and essence of the invisible God
And He who has seen Him has seen the Father
They always existed in a holy relationship with one another like mans mind and heart
And the Father does nothing without the Son nor does the Son do anything without the Father

Which is why in Genesis it is said Let us make man in our image
Of course the angels had no part in creating man

Only the Lords body was destroyed on the cross His spirit was given to the Father so He always inhabited eternity

Though I believed in Jesus based on plain scripture I had sometimes gotten confused and draw this conclusion over and over again and I think I see it more clearly now
Besides I know all the other analogies which are also
good

I hope you will never need to ask this question again about the Holy Trinity
and that you don't be lazy in finding the truth

Comments

• It was not possible for the Father to be incarnated because noone can see the Father without seeing the Son who is the express image of His person
  • In Matthew it says, "Nobody has seen the Father but the Son". And when our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was incarnate, he wasn't given a spirit. It was already existent, all that was different was that He was given a bodily form. And His humanity never parted from His divinity, "not for a moment, nor for a twinkling of an eye"-St. Basil Liturgy
  • Then why did Jesus say into your hands I commend my spirit
    Was Jesus talking about the Holy Spirit
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12966.msg152522#msg152522 date=1330323492]
    Then why did Jesus say into your hands I commend my spirit
    Was Jesus talking about the Holy Spirit

This is a very interesting question.
    I hope someone will enlighten us.
    However, I advise you not to get too wound up on such academic matters - simple faith is the best faith. We are not all theologians.
  • Thanks. You are right
  • yes, it was the Holy Spirit.
  • Jesus was not given a new soul when He came on earth

Human nature is soul, spirit and body.

The divinity was united to the human nature and thus the Son had a human soul and is still united with it.