Anyone know the Russian language???!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hi all! :)
so i make orthodox prayer ropes in a variety of ways ropes, bracelets and keychains etc. but i have been DYING to learn how to make the "endless" bracelet style and after searching continuously i found a video ... in russian lol so if anyone can translate the ending from about the 10 minute mark onward it would be soooo lovely and deeply appreciated! :D i would just like to be sure as to understand the technique

thank you!! God bless!!!!

Comments

• If you learn how to make an "endless" style prayer rope/bracelet, please make a guide and place it on youtube and post the link on here.

I too love to make prayer ropes and would like to learn how to close it in that way. Thank you  :)
  • I don't know Russian but the prayer rope in Russian is called chotki (чётки)...it may help you to search online with this as a keyword.
  • [quote author=Andrew link=topic=12875.msg151473#msg151473 date=1328405363]
    If you learn how to make an "endless" style prayer rope/bracelet, please make a guide and place it on youtube and post the link on here.

I too love to make prayer ropes and would like to learn how to close it in that way. Thank you  :)

i will do my best but from what i gathered from the video it just sows it so the ends don't slip through but i'm not sure if there's a certain way he does so so i just kinda run a strand in all ways through the knot and put little dabs of glue in strategic spots to keep hold hahaa
    pray for me :)

[quote author=Timothym link=topic=12875.msg151475#msg151475 date=1328406909]
    I don't know Russian but the prayer rope in Russian is called chotki (чётки)...it may help you to search online with this as a keyword.

thank you so much but i have looked for it as chotki as well as komboskini as the greeks call it but to no avail hahaa
    thanks again God bless :)