Lack of love between church fathers

Hi all,
I am new to this whole tasbeha.org thing.
Abyways i want to discuss an issue that i believe has never been discussed in these forums. In my church we have to fathers who quite honestly seem to not love each other. They don't have much of an age difference between each other. However it's quite evident to the congregation that they just are not in sync. Its not like they yell at each other or fight.
I personally feel this is not healthy for the congreagation when they see that the priests are "Secretely against each other". What do you guys think? Is this common in other churches?

Comments

• Dear FatherBishoyKamel,

I must ask, are you Fr. Bishoy Kamel who serves in St. Marina's Church in Irvine, CA? If not, do you have this username in honor of the Late Reverend Fr. Bishoy Kamel?

If yes to the latter question, I think it may be best that you change your username because someone reading this may think that Fr. BK from St. Marina's in Irvine has this concern and it may cause problems.

(I hope that made sense!)

That aside, of course a house divided against itself cannot stand. If the church priests do not love each other, the congregation cannot love each other nor can they take what the fathers say seriously. I don't think this is common in our churches.

What you can do to better the situation is: (a) Pray about it, (b) Don't contribute with rumors and gossip, (c) Quell any gossip you hear, (d) Do what you can to make the priests' service easier, etc.

Division among priests usually results when one becomes more popular than the other. So love and respect both priests equally.

God bless.
  • Hello my beloved brother in Christ
    I appreciate the extensive comment that you have sent me.
    NO I AM NOT FATHER BISHOY KAMEL FROM LA. Otherwise Bishop Serapion would not be too impressed.
    I feel like you seem to understand the situation at my church. It seems that this situation is rare. Like i said before I feel that there is no brotherly love between them. Its like Priest A and Priest B. I am beginning to wounder whether popularity is an issue. This is almost always the case in any church since the senior priest is in almost all cases popular.
  • [quote author=fatherbishoykamel link=topic=12873.msg151423#msg151423 date=1328248937]
    Hello my beloved brother in Christ
    I appreciate the extensive comment that you have sent me.
    NO I AM NOT FATHER BISHOY KAMEL FROM LA. Otherwise Bishop Serapion would not be too impressed.
    I feel like you seem to understand the situation at my church. It seems that this situation is rare. Like i said before I feel that there is no brotherly love between them. Its like Priest A and Priest B. I am beginning to wounder whether popularity is an issue. This is almost always the case in any church since the senior priest is in almost all cases popular.

I didn't think you were the priest from St. Marina's, but I am afraid someone else might. Please either change your username or put a picture of the Late Fr. BK to make it obvious. This is just a request, I hope you can comply.

Back to the issue of this thread: I have seen situations in which priests have been ousted because of jealousy. Keep praying about it and don't contribute to the drama people like to create. Many times these things are over-exaggerated.