Looking for a number of items

edited January 2012 in Hymns Discussion
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a number of items that I'm trying to purchase. If anyone knows where I can get these I would appreciate it. If anyone happens to be in the vicinity of where these items are sold and would be kind enough to ship to me (even from Egypt) I'd be happy to pay all expenses.

1) The book "Khedmit Il-shamas, Nahdet Ilkanayis edition".
2) Complete recordings for Muallim Fahim and Muallim Tewfiq.
3) Any videos or audio recordings of Christmas and Easter in the cathedral from the 1970's and 1980's.
4) This one is going to be very elusive (as are the rest probably) - A Liturgy for Fr. Abd El-Massih Ishaq who was a priest in Dayrut, Egypt from the 1950's to the 1970's approximately.
5) Any other liturgies for Fr. Abd El-Massih Marqus Al-Luxori besides the two that are commonly available (one Gregorian and one Bassilian).
6) The Holy Week recordings for Muallim Ibrahim Ayad recorded in about 1998 (not the older ones from the 80's).

God Bless

Comments

• WOW.....very commanding.

for 1, the best thing to do is to specifically ask a relative in egypt to get it for you and send it to you with someone from there (if you are living outside).

for 2, you will NEVER find the entire collection. Muallem Tawfiks are not as rare, you can find many in el-muharaq monastery (also ask relatives to get from egy). Muallem Fahim, i know about atleast 11 + 18 + 32 tapes of collections other than other separate tapes of occasions (like palm sunday, tasbehet ashiet kiahk...etc). you will NOT find them in one place....bits and piece of those are online.

for the rest, good luck.
  • Mina,

Your advice would work if it is known where they are sold, otherwise I would be sending my relatives on a wild goose chase (which I've done before for other things). When i was in Egypt last I looked for khidmet ilshammas and the recordings I mentioned at many bookstores and they were nowhere to be found.

I am quite sure that Muallim Fahim's recordings can be purchased as a set. I believe The Muharraq Monastery has compiled all of Muallim Tewfik's recordings on CDs as a set, similar to what the Rod El Farag church did for Muallim Farag's recordings. The question is where can it be purchased besides the monastery.
  • [quote author=SWMSANMG link=topic=12867.msg151319#msg151319 date=1328059518]
    Mina,

Your advice would work if it is known where they are sold, otherwise I would be sending my relatives on a wild goose chase (which I've done before for other things). When i was in Egypt last I looked for khidmet ilshammas and the recordings I mentioned at many bookstores and they were nowhere to be found.
    that khidmit shamas is available in the Cathedral or some of the bookstore around cairo. If it is not, than they ran out of that edition and you have to wait for the new one.

I am quite sure that Muallim Fahim's recordings can be purchased as a set.

there are manyyy sets. not all are for sale.
  • Mina,

I believe availability of that book has always been sporadic and it probably doesn't help that demand for it is high since it contains a number of hymns absent from other books such as Muallim Farag's edition. I have a 1990 edition that was gifted to me by friends. I know in the early 90's it was sold off and on in the NY/NJ area. I'd be interested in knowing what year the latest edition is. I did not check at the cathedral when I was in Egypt but I did check numerous bookstores and monasteries.

What do you mean there are many sets for Muallim Fahim but not all of them are for sale? Do you mean people have assembled their own sets by buying the recordings piecemeal?

• [quote author=SWMSANMG link=topic=12867.msg151342#msg151342 date=1328105631]
    What do you mean there are many sets for Muallim Fahim but not all of them are for sale? Do you mean people have assembled their own sets by buying the recordings piecemeal?

he recorded 32 tapes for tasbeha. that's a set.
    he recorded 11 tapes for liturgy and occasions. that's a set.
    he recorded 18 tapes for liturgy and occasions. that's another set.
    (one of the 2 above were specifically recorded to believers outside egypt, mahgar/immigration lands. to add to that, he recorded a set with dr Youssef Mansour which was also for the immigration.
    those are different than separate live recordings in the cathedral (i think the old one to).