this can affect tasbeha sign this petition on google !!! please !

2»

Comments

• [quote author=qawe link=topic=12823.msg150991#msg150991 date=1327369184]
    [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=12823.msg150989#msg150989 date=1327368140]
    True, but the problem is few can attain the title of a 'true Christian'. What is even worse, is the huge gap between those of that high standerd and everybody else...

That doesn't mean we put down our standards.  However we use our wisdom to guide those who are everybody else, in a way that is loving.

Eg I don't think this is a suitable topic to address in church, there are more important things to talk about.

Just to clarify things out when I agreed to this statement I was agreeing to not address how miserable the world is but we should certainly address piracy. I even talked to my FOC about it and he said that this is pure stealing no matter what. If you do not have a permission, to use it then you stole it. 
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12823.msg151037#msg151037 date=1327450623]
    [quote author=qawe link=topic=12823.msg151031#msg151031 date=1327445305]

I'm not saying that if asked we should blindly approve such actions, but there are  soooo many other topics that ppl would be more likely to gain spiritual benefit from.
    That's a really broad generalization that has no justification. How do you know what topics people may or may not benefit from?

There are cultural reasons as well why telling ppl to spend more money would not go down well. There are other serious (possibly more serious) deficiencies within the congregations which have a far greater chance of making a difference. Have you ever heard a sermon on piracy? I'm arguing for the status quo in this regard.

What gives anyone the right to prioritize sin or deficiencies? The most serious sin is the sin of frivolity mixed with deception. It is the classical mark of Satan to deceive the elect by making sin socially acceptable. He does this by deceiving people into thinking a sin is not a sin, or at least not significant enough to repent from. It is really irrelevant if a congregation suffers from gossip instead of homosexuality. Sin is sin. Justifying sin by some pseudo-prioritization is only adding another sin on sin.

Reluctance to spend money is different than stealing. Piracy is stealing. And yes, I have heard many sermons on stealing. And since when did the status quo become our standard? St Athanasius is not famous for following the status quo to accept sin and heresy. He is famous and venerated for challenging the status quo by his lonesome self as "contra mondum". Should we not imitate him as he imitated Christ?

Ok Im convinced (probably the first time this has happened on this forum lol)
  • This can affect tasbeha indeed. All the pictures here, are they owned by Tasbeha? Anything so much as a link or word not owned and trademarked can have a site completely torn down.
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=12823.msg151043#msg151043 date=1327459500]
    This can affect tasbeha indeed. All the pictures here, are they owned by Tasbeha? Anything so much as a link or word not owned and trademarked can have a site completely torn down.

not if those can be controlled by the admins.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12823.msg151044#msg151044 date=1327459711]
    [quote author=Khas. link=topic=12823.msg151043#msg151043 date=1327459500]
    This can affect tasbeha indeed. All the pictures here, are they owned by Tasbeha? Anything so much as a link or word not owned and trademarked can have a site completely torn down.

Are you guys going to be on the site 24/7 because if not in one second when you are not on some person may post a link to a pirated website and then we are in trouble but we donot have to worry about that any more they dropped it. Thank you Jesus!
  • [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=12823.msg151046#msg151046 date=1327460679]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12823.msg151044#msg151044 date=1327459711]
    [quote author=Khas. link=topic=12823.msg151043#msg151043 date=1327459500]

Are you guys going to be on the site 24/7 because if not in one second when you are not on some person may post a link to a pirated website and then we are in trouble but we donot have to worry about that any more they dropped it. Thank you Jesus!

I am not an admin....i just know most of them really well. i believe that when it comes to that point, precautions will be set. there is no reason to worry about it now because both laws have been shelved.