Wouldn't it be great

edited January 2012 in Faith Issues
Would it be good if we could know that everyone who believes in the LORD Jesus Christ will be saved? do we not need to know this? how can we sorrow as them with hope if we did not know this?

I say this because I know it is possible that a lot of people go to church, they seem to have accepted Jesus but I don't know if they care too much about His commandments

I think it is a requirement to go to heaven to do good all the time not some of the time. I know if you really repent of evil treatment towards others in your heart God will accept you. But why do people even the sight of them, they just judge them?

I want to know that everyone who is on their death bed who accepted Jesus from their heart and who told me this (not their mind) is going to heaven.

I hope these people go to heaven when we die if they have accepted Jesus but im not sure they will. Can God just overlook this sin that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life?

Why is salvation a mystery, i.e what happens after death. People go to God in the state that they were in with him

Comments

• death happens every minute and the ones we have greeted could very well be headed off to hell even though we have not had the chance to persuade them to follow God. Perhaps the task seemed so big and did not seem reasonable considering life and its duties and the great multitude of people. We could be sowing on useless ground
  • About the coptic killing in Egypt. Now we know these people did not choose to convert to islam to prevent these murders, so can we not be assured of their salvation?

Second is there a way for the congregation to let the pope know if they are ready or willing to die for the LORD or not? are they ready and willing to die for the rest of the muslim congregation.. no judging to them if they are not.

what good is it if the mulsims are saved and converted to Jesus while those martyred are not
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12777.msg150023#msg150023 date=1325871008]
    Would it be good if we could know that everyone who believes in the LORD Jesus Christ will be saved? do we not need to know this? how can we sorrow as them with hope if we did not know this?

Firstly, we are not justified by faith alone.
    The reason wee don't go around like some others do assuring ourselves a place in heaven is because we are not the Judge, and also this would lead to arrogance, and losing our place in heaven.

We know that being in the church is necessary for salvation, but we also know of god's grace. If someone truly had god in his heart, I would have no trouble believing that he went to heaven, if that is the case.

But you yourself ensure you remain close within the church and participate in its sacramental life as recommended by it: this is the way to heaven.

Finally, if you need comfort, god is the source of comfort so turn to him.
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12777.msg150024#msg150024 date=1325871310] We could be sowing on useless ground

In the parable of the sower, the sower snowed on all ground. We should do the same. If god, the sower, who knows the hearts sows on all ground, how much more should we, who don't know the heart
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12777.msg150026#msg150026 date=1325871942]
    About the coptic killing in Egypt. Now we know these people did not choose to convert to islam to prevent these murders, so can we not be assured of their salvation?

Second is there a way for the congregation to let the pope know if they are ready or willing to die for the LORD or not? are they ready and willing to die for the rest of the muslim congregation.. no judging to them if they are not.

what good is it if the mulsims are saved and converted to Jesus while those martyred are not

I had the same question about them being martyrs, but they went to church knowing the risks well. Pope shenouda confirmed this, so there is no doubt that they went to heaven.

We ought not to be jealous of anyone who converts to Christianity later in life, as it is not an hereditary elite club. Also it is a source of great joy not a burden, being christian for as long as possible in your life. Also, even on worldly standards, no one should envy a Muslim who converts and risks their life