Striving to enter through the narrow gate and sin

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
How do we get the fear of God that a sin of lust can cast us out of God's kingdom?
Surely if I let myself fall in lust once a week I won't be cast out of heaven right?
why does it feel that there is always tommorow? I know excuses can partially be made for them which are sick but even they may have ability to control themselves.
I know lust is bad when I do it but do I really have to stop it completely?

And how bad will it affect our eternal state in God's kingdom if I am let in? surely the good must be rewarded in God's kingdom.
I feel when I sin that I am choosing to seperate myself from God
I just feel I am not thinking right
I expect when I die God will ignore my sins but the bible says God will bring every work into judgement. Therefore if we have sinned we must have proof we have repented.
I want to stop sinning if I can have a deeper relationship with God by doing so but sometimes I feel there is always conflict between doing right and wrong and I become an unbalanced person and impossible to be around

Unfortunately it is true that  broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be that go in thereby

Comments

• [quote author=user157 link=topic=12749.msg149675#msg149675 date=1325260578]
    How do we get the fear of God that a sin of lust can cast us out of God's kingdom?
    Surely if I let myself fall in lust once a week I won't be cast out of heaven right?
    why does it feel that there is always tommorow? I know excuses can partially be made for them which are sick but even they may have ability to control themselves.
    I know lust is bad when I do it but do I really have to stop it completely?

There is no such thing that you can sin once a week and it'lll be ok cus thats not the whole week... a little sin, once implanted will grow and when it's fully concieved will give birth to death (spiritual). so dont take chances.

& either way, if you're striving to enter the narrow gate, then why make comprimises when it comes to sin? you can't serve 2 masters.. and as far as i know, ive never heard of a sickness that makes you lust, in fact sickness just reduces a person's interest in these worldy things.

just know that it may seem that tomorow is always guarenteed, but it's not. you've probably heard of people who unexpectedly die young. a relative of mine, who had just graduated from law school, die a couple of years ago...it was the most uncalled for event ever.

& also, you seem to think of getting into heaven as God having a measuring scale  to weigh your righteousness. no, the world is not this black & white. God looks at the heart above all else.

i hope this helped.
  • the LORD did say "blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" that means heaven is mostly for the righteous but sinners with their humility and love to God can win it and deserve it.
    Sinning is an action of seperating ones heart and affections from God. When a sinner remains so and does not seek reconciliation with God and demonstrate fruit of that love he becomes a branch ready to be cut down and thrown into the fire
  • No, its not ok what so ever. I recently used 2 struggle with this sin, until the Lord provided me with the answer. Actually, there are 2 things; 1) Prayer in times of temptation makes the devil burn in his fire. While it makes the individual much stronger, as if he is bieng gaurded by a big, stron barrier; God.

2) After I got so sick of this sin, I decided it was over and I found out that the first temptaion is always the strongest. But, once you pass that the rest of the road becomes very easy. However, always keep your gaurd up, even after the first temptation.

Tips:
    1) The more you think about it, the more likely you are to sin.
    2) Always keep yourself occupied, never bored; read, study, etc...

May the Grace of God be with you, and  i trust that this is the last time you ever commit this sin.
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12749.msg149768#msg149768 date=1325424090]
    the LORD did say "blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God" that means heaven is mostly for the righteous but sinners with their humility and love to God can win it and deserve it.
    Sinning is an action of seperating ones heart and affections from God. When a sinner remains so and does not seek reconciliation with God and demonstrate fruit of that love he becomes a branch ready to be cut down and thrown into the fire

I am glad you said this because many people have the same misconception. Heaven isn't reserved for the righteous. As a matter of fact, nobody is worthy to go to Heaven, it is only because God's grace that we are allowed into Heaven. Don't think that you can do anything to get into Heaven. The thing is, you must regret the sins you have done and be willing to repent that is the important. Don't get caught up in depression and then count how many times you do a certain sin. When you sin, just get up pray to God and tell Him that you are really sorry, and ask for mercy and forgiveness. Then get on with your spiritual life and keep reading the Bible and praying. Sometimes the devil  gets us in a state  in which everything is depressing and our whole life is ruined because you did some sin. This is deceit, and be careful, many people think this is righteousness when you feel so bad about your sins the whole day. It isn't. As has been said many times on this forum, "It's not about how many times you sin, it's about how many times you get up.
  • why would heaven not be for the righteous? the righteous person is always repenting 

if you are implying the pharisees, they were not righteous people

it is about being more safe like the wise virgins who were careful to ensure they have enough oil to meet their master

there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety nine righteous who need no repentance
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=12749.msg149865#msg149865 date=1325583396]
    why would heaven not be for the righteous? the righteous person is always repenting 

if you are implying the pharisees, they were not righteous people

it is about being more safe like the wise virgins who were careful to ensure they have enough oil to meet their master

there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety nine righteous who need no repentance

User, you aren't understanding my post clearly. My point is that NOBODY no matter who you are is worthy to go to Heaven. It is ONLY BY GOD'S GRACE that we are let into Heaven. So instead of counting how many sins you can commit in order to pass by the requirements into gaining entance ito the Kingdom of God, you should be continuing your struggle in your spiritual life.

I was not implying the Pharisees, I was implying everybody. I can't tell you where the Pharisees went because that would mean I am God and that is certainly not the case.

About the being safe part: You don't need to worry about whether you are safe or not. When you have God on your side, you don't need to worry. Just be sure to follow His Word and you need not worry. Keep posting if you are still confused. It took me a while to understand this back when i was wondering about this.
  • Put it like this.... If you keep commiting this sin, and you know its wrong, but you think that it won't matter.... It will. And then on the day oj judgement God will tell you that u are not worthy of his kingdom because in your eyes sinning once a week was more righteous than living a virtous life.

So, if you keep commiting this sin, there's a chance you won't be let into the kingdom of heaven.
  • The thing that you should make sure to do is to regret every sin you do. That's the major point here, but don't just take this advice and twist it so that your thinking process becomes this, "I am just gonna sin right now since I have to and then I will regret cuz I won't like it afterwards and things will be alright since God will acknowledge that I am regretful". This is wrong and sometimes the devil tricks people into thinking this. You MUST struggle, there's no way around it, but you will fall sometime or later and that's when it kicks in. You can't just give up from the beginning and make it your strategy.