PLEASE pray for me and college and God will bless and reward you

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
I am studying Applied Psychology in my first year at the University of Professional Education/ University of Applied sciences.
I am doing well in all subjects and the first and term I didn't fail any subjects. Now I approach the 2nd term (exams are in january) but something very very terrible happened cause of a silly thing.

There is one subject called "presentation skills" and for this there are 4 trainings. I went to all of them and today I did the presentation for the final mark, which went very well. But in these lessons, I arrived 2 times too late. All the 2 times, because i FORGOT the time of commencement of the training. I had in my mind: 10:10 am it starts, but my mind failed and it started 9.20.
Because of this, I must to redo the subject next year (so the mark of this presentation will not be counted) and I can't get all my 60 points which I must get for first-year achievement. I will go to the 2nd year, normally, but my 60 points I will get when I pass this subject in the 2nd term.
This is not the worst of all. The worst is, that I want to go to a higher university next year, but this now is impossible because of this. And also I planned, that if I will not be accepted at this university, I will continue at this one and get high grades (above the 70%) and this will be written at my CV later. Also this is not possible anymore, because if I want to get 'honor', it means high grades, I must get my 60 points this year. ALL this because I arrived too late.

So please pray for me that this problem will be solved, because my dream is failling now AND my father is very angry and upset at me. I feel broken. Thank you for your effort and God bless.

Comments

• here is what I would do... even though due to it being two times it will be hard... but give it a try... write a detailed letter explaining your situation to your professor, Explain your urge of wanting to pass, and show that you have done the work and will go above and beyond to fix the problem... so explain the problem, explain the situation, explain the solution...

I remember when i used to shadow professors I used to read these emails, and you'd be surprised what excuses were made, some were too ridiculousness that I was shocked that they actually addressed the professor... but a few were truthful and had the problem and the solution, which the professor saw hope, and accepted them.

I would like to address a something you said though, "all this because I arrived too late." this is not and will never be acceptable in any career, and if a school is training you to do well in career, the school should worry about you being late... believe it or not, I support late punishments in colleges and universities, how else are people going to be professional in their career? lets say you become a therapist, teacher, or whatever you pursue... does it make sense to be late to your appointment while your patients, students, or clients are waiting for you? you cant say I thought it was this time... sorry... that way you will lose even your job. I think being Egyptian it is embedded in our genes to be late, and be fine with it, so thank God He's teaching you this lesson early in your career.

but you are in my prayers, and God's will be done!
  • [quote author=✞SuperMAN✞(BAM)✞ link=topic=12719.msg149438#msg149438 date=1324582407]
    here is what I would do... even though due to it being two times it will be hard... but give it a try... write a detailed letter explaining your situation to your professor, Explain your urge of wanting to pass, and show that you have done the work and will go above and beyond to fix the problem... so explain the problem, explain the situation, explain the solution...

I remember when i used to shadow professors I used to read these emails, and you'd be surprised what excuses were made, some were too ridiculousness that I was shocked that they actually addressed the professor... but a few were truthful and had the problem and the solution, which the professor saw hope, and accepted them.

I would like to address a something you said though, "all this because I arrived too late." this is not and will never be acceptable in any career, and if a school is training you to do well in career, the school should worry about you being late... believe it or not, I support late punishments in colleges and universities, how else are people going to be professional in their career? lets say you become a therapist, teacher, or whatever you pursue... does it make sense to be late to your appointment while your patients, students, or clients are waiting for you? you cant say I thought it was this time... sorry... that way you will lose even your job. I think being Egyptian it is embedded in our genes to be late, and be fine with it, so thank God He's teaching you this lesson early in your career.

but you are in my prayers, and God's will be done!

Hey superbam, I already sent her an email and explained everything. Hopefully she will accept it.
    Thanks, you're right.
    Please, keep on praying 4 me everyone!!!
    GBU