Random Question

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Me and my friend had a disagreement and this is to some a tabooed but stupid question. I know in Islam one is required to shave pubic hair every at least 40 days, what is the orthodox perspective on this

Comments

• Curious, I'm curious (pun intended): What were you and your friend disagreeing over?
  • There is NO rule for that.
  • we disagreed whether it doesnt really matter if we do vs. its wrong to
  • [quote author=Curios link=topic=12707.msg149211#msg149211 date=1324264608]
    we disagreed whether it doesnt really matter if we do vs. its wrong to

What side were you on?
  • i know its stupid, but these things come up man. I know its seems trollish when taken out of my lifes context but im genuinely seeking answers and thought that there are rules about it in other major religions maybe we have that too

Andrew: My stance is i dont think it matters
  • [quote author=Curios link=topic=12707.msg149216#msg149216 date=1324265004]
    i know its stupid, but these things come up man. I know its seems trollish when taken out of my lifes context but im genuinely seeking answers and thought that there are rules about it in other major religions maybe we have that too

if this matters to your salvation, you will be taught about it--the Church doesn't leave her children to go astray...she leads them to the right path. your question doesn't effect the right path therefore she doesn't need to teach you anything specific about it?

and who cares about "major religions" beliefs? You are a Christian....live your life that way
  • alright thanks, you make a good point
  • 1) Where in Islam is this said?

2) Putting aside 1) because who cares what Islam says. . .I have never heard and (hopefully) probably never will hear  an Orthodox clergymen discuss what should be done with one's pubic hairs. That's really a personal thing. . .