Amazing Kiahk Tapes!

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello everyone,

I have heard of a set of tapes, maybe someone converted them into CDs, of an amazing old school Kiahk Tasbeha with Fr. David Bebawy, Fr. Mikhail Tobia, the Late Fr. Pishoy Demetrious, and another priest who's name I can't remember. I own the second CD from the set (I was told they were converted from tapes but no one knows where the tapes are), so I want to know if anyone has these tapes/CDs/files anywhere?
Thanks!

Comments

• I haven't heard of these tapes, but if you have the second set, pass them on, please!
  • I know that this is not the topic but tit does deal with Kiahk.

Have you gus listned to the Heritage Cds? There is a clip called "Friday Theotokeya 2". When I researched the lyrics, I found out that it is a Madee7a that is placed between the Theotokeya and the lobsh. The tune that Heritage used was that of the Theotokeya (I guess because they considered a second theotokeya).

However, if it were a Madee7a would the tune be the Watos Doxology tune (since it is kind of an introduction to the lobsh)?

Thanks.
  • I have an early copy of the tapes. I independently remastered them. So my version does not sound like the ones on this site. I did not know there was a CD version. Tell me which tracks are on the second CD and I'll tell you what you need. I will add that there is one madeha (for the 3rd hoos by the Late Fr. Bishoy Demetrius) that I lost the electronic copy. If I dig up my tapes, I'll digitize it.

Mina, maybe you can take my version and upload it to the site. Just send me instructions.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12678.msg148904#msg148904 date=1323707519]
    I have an early copy of the tapes. I independently remastered them. So my version does not sound like the ones on this site. I did not know there was a CD version. Tell me which tracks are on the second CD and I'll tell you what you need. I will add that there is one madeha (for the 3rd hoos by the Late Fr. Bishoy Demetrius) that I lost the electronic copy. If I dig up my tapes, I'll digitize it.

Mina, maybe you can take my version and upload it to the site. Just send me instructions.

I would love to have them those files.....i'll then try to have them on the site through mikesl.

[quote author=imikhail link=topic=12678.msg148902#msg148902 date=1323705794]
    I know that this is not the topic but tit does deal with Kiahk.

Have you gus listned to the Heritage Cds? There is a clip called "Friday Theotokeya 2". When I researched the lyrics, I found out that it is a Madee7a that is placed between the Theotokeya and the lobsh. The tune that Heritage used was that of the Theotokeya (I guess because they considered a second theotokeya).

However, if it were a Madee7a would the tune be the Watos Doxology tune (since it is kind of an introduction to the lobsh)?

i do not know the specific track you are talking about simply cuz i don't have the cds.....but i wanted to say that there are "arabic madayeh" that are referred to as "theotokia" only to confirm the tune it must be said in.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12678.msg148881#msg148881 date=1323666133]
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/St_Mark,_Jersey_City,_NJ.html

This is only part of the set, not everything.

[quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12678.msg148904#msg148904 date=1323707519]
    I have an early copy of the tapes. I independently remastered them. So my version does not sound like the ones on this site. I did not know there was a CD version. Tell me which tracks are on the second CD and I'll tell you what you need. I will add that there is one madeha (for the 3rd hoos by the Late Fr. Bishoy Demetrius) that I lost the electronic copy. If I dig up my tapes, I'll digitize it.

WOW thats awesome! can you send me a copy of everything u have? lol
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12678.msg148904#msg148904 date=1323707519]

Remnkemi, I sent you a PM.
  • So, does anyone else have a digital copy of these? or if they've heard of any place that sells these tapes/CDs? I've become addicted to these tracks lol Its so amazing!

Even the version of the files on this site start out with the intro "El goz2 el thany mn el mada2e7 el Kiahkia" (Translation: The Second Part of the Kiahk Praises) So there MUST be a "First Part"!!!
  • Caji,

Be patient. I gave them to Mina and he should have them up on the site soon.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12678.msg149096#msg149096 date=1323956939]
    Caji,

done: http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/St_Mark,_Jersey_City,_NJ.html
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12678.msg149096#msg149096 date=1323956939]
    Caji,

Haha sorry! I love Kiahk!

[quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=12678.msg149136#msg149136 date=1324020436]
    done: http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/St_Mark,_Jersey_City,_NJ.html

YESSS!! Thank you!! So is this part 1 of the set? because most of these are repeats of what was originally on the site. These are very good quality though, thanks for sharing Remnkemi!
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=12678.msg149145#msg149145 date=1324057107]
    YESSS!! Thank you!! So is this part 1 of the set? because most of these are repeats of what was originally on the site. These are very good quality though, thanks for sharing Remnkemi!

The files durations add up to about 155 mins.....you can only put 80 mins worth of audio on an audio cd. i strongly suspect that these are the 2 parts you are talking aobut together.
  • Thanks, George! The tracks sound a lot cleaner  :)
  • [quote author=caji link=topic=12678.msg149145#msg149145 date=1324057107]

A long time ago, I made these songs into CD's as they were on the tapes before I fixed the quality. I guess the second CD was distributed without the first.

Apparently what was on this site before was a mix of the two CD's.

Now the only thing left is for ILSM or anyone to tell us who is singing with Fr David Bebawy in Kalil el Rab, Amdeh fil Batool and Marahmak ya Ellahi is. I heard he used to be a consecrated deacon in the 70's and he is now a priest but I forget his name .