"We Believe" in Coptic

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Is it 'tinahti' or 'pictevomen'??

Comments

• [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=12386.msg145062#msg145062 date=1316747660]
    Is it 'tinahti' or 'pictevomen'??

ti-nahti is coptic and it means = I believe
    tennahti is coptic and it mean = we believe.
    pistevomen is greek and it means = we believe.
  • How come people add "Alethos" before "pictevomen" when I don't think "Alethos" is written in the Kholagy?
  • Dear Unworthy1
    It's written in kholagies translated to Arabic. I can't figure out how or why it was missed from English translated kholagies!!!
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=12386.msg145069#msg145069 date=1316754698]
    Dear Unworthy1
    It's written in kholagies translated to Arabic. I can't figure out how or why it was missed from English translated kholagies!!!
    Oujai

alithos is NOT written in the old muharraq book which is strongly recommended source for old kholagy parts now. the southern diocese english book doesn't have it. i believe the older english kholagy has it but that just reflects the oral tradition of saying it (HICS).
  • So some books have it and some don't. . .

What does "Alethos" mean?
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=12386.msg145073#msg145073 date=1316756062]
    So some books have it and some don't. . .

What does "Alethos" mean?

alithos, if i am not mistaken, means 'truly'
    i personally would go with not having in books but i would also chant it in the response.....or if ever will do a book that has that part, i would add it in ().
  • Thanks Mina for the clarification...
    Oujai
  • Alitos is not written in the kolagy but was recorded by the HICS in 1971.