How to spell Lord in coptic.

2»

Comments

• + Irini nem ehmot,

Remnkemi,

Thank you for your kind comments and for further elucidating my point. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=12175.msg144089#msg144089 date=1314930649]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

Remnkemi,

Thank you for your kind comments and for further elucidating my point. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Hope you treat those who may disagree with you with the same respect and decency.
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

[quote author=imikhail link=topic=12175.msg144142#msg144142 date=1314989372]
    [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=12175.msg144089#msg144089 date=1314930649]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

Remnkemi,

Hope you treat those who may disagree with you with the same respect and decency.

I do. Funny thing about respect; it is earned.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=12175.msg144183#msg144183 date=1315066667]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

+ Irini nem ehmot,

Remnkemi,

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phillipians 2:3

• + Irini nem ehmot,

[quote author=imikhail link=topic=12175.msg144198#msg144198 date=1315095799]
    [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=12175.msg144183#msg144183 date=1315066667]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

+ Irini nem ehmot,

Remnkemi,

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phillipians 2:3

This.
  • imikhail,
    Are you saying respect is not earned and that it is expected to everyone because of Phil 2:3? Even Christ did not back off when his opponents attacked him for claiming to be God. Philippians 2:3 does not give someone license to attack another and then expect the victim to esteem his attacker better than himself.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12175.msg144218#msg144218 date=1315185810]
    imikhail,
    Are you saying respect is not earned and that it is expected to everyone because of Phil 2:3? Even Christ did not back off when his opponents attacked him for claiming to be God. Philippians 2:3 does not give someone license to attack another and then expect the victim to esteem his attacker better than himself.

So are you suggesting that Christ rediculd his opponents, scorned them with no respect just because they did not agree with him?

Who mentioned attack but you? Read my comment carefully  ..  Here it is with emphasis:

I am talking about disagreement.

• + Irini nem ehmot,

[quote author=imikhail link=topic=12175.msg144219#msg144219 date=1315186013]
    [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12175.msg144218#msg144218 date=1315185810]
    imikhail,

So are you suggesting that Christ rediculd his opponents, scorned them with no respect just because they did not agree with him?

[quote=Matthew 23]Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses and as a pretense you make long prayers. Therefore, you will receive a greater condemnation. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut the Kingdom of Heaven in the face of people and you yourselves do not enter! Ans thos who would enter, you prevent from doing so. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel around by sean and land to make one convert; and when one is converted, you make him twice as much of an heir of Gehenna as yourselves. Woe to you, you blind guides, who say, 'If someone swears by the sanctuary, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the sanctuary is bound.' You blind fools! Which is greater, the gold, or the sanctuary that sanctifies the gold? You say, 'If someone swears by the altar, it is nothing' but if someone swears by the gift that is placed on it, he is bound!' You blind and foolish men! Which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies everything on it. Whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by the one who sits on it. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill and cumin, but you have not fulfilled the truly significant matters of the law: justice, mercy and faith. It is these you should have practiced, without neglecting the others. You are blind guides who filter out a fly and yet swallow a camel! Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the platter, but inside, they are full of greed and unrighteousness. You blind Pharisees, first clean the inside of the cup and platter, so that the outside may also become clean. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside, they are full of dead bones and all corruption. Likewise, you also appear righteous to men in appearance, but inside, you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the tombs of the righteous saying, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have partaken with them in the blood of the prophets.' Therefore, you testify to yourselves that you are the children of those who killed the prophets! Fill up, then, the measure of sin of your forefathers. You serpents, offspring of vipers, ho will you escape the judgment of Gehenna?

Speaks for itself, doesn't it.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=12175.msg144229#msg144229 date=1315236857]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

[quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12175.msg144218#msg144218 date=1315185810]
    imikhail,

[quote=Matthew 23]Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses and as a pretense you make long prayers. Therefore, you will receive a greater condemnation. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut the Kingdom of Heaven in the face of people and you yourselves do not enter! Ans thos who would enter, you prevent from doing so. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel around by sean and land to make one convert; and when one is converted, you make him twice as much of an heir of Gehenna as yourselves. Woe to you, you blind guides, who say, 'If someone swears by the sanctuary, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the sanctuary is bound.' You blind fools! Which is greater, the gold, or the sanctuary that sanctifies the gold? You say, 'If someone swears by the altar, it is nothing' but if someone swears by the gift that is placed on it, he is bound!' You blind and foolish men! Which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies everything on it. Whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by the one who sits on it. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill and cumin, but you have not fulfilled the truly significant matters of the law: justice, mercy and faith. It is these you should have practiced, without neglecting the others. You are blind guides who filter out a fly and yet swallow a camel! Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the platter, but inside, they are full of greed and unrighteousness. You blind Pharisees, first clean the inside of the cup and platter, so that the outside may also become clean. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside, they are full of dead bones and all corruption. Likewise, you also appear righteous to men in appearance, but inside, you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the tombs of the righteous saying, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have partaken with them in the blood of the prophets.' Therefore, you testify to yourselves that you are the children of those who killed the prophets! Fill up, then, the measure of sin of your forefathers. You serpents, offspring of vipers, ho will you escape the judgment of Gehenna?

Speaks for itself, doesn't it.

Thanks for your contribution Kephas.
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=12175.msg144219#msg144219 date=1315186013]
    Who mentioned attack but you? Read my comment carefully  ..  Here it is with emphasis:

Read Reply #28.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=12175.msg144264#msg144264 date=1315311019]
    Who mentioned attack but you? Read my comment carefully  ..  Here it is with emphasis:

Read Reply #28.

Thanks for your contribution Remenkimi  ....