Nasty dream, what to do?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Greetings in Christ everyone,

I had a dream today, it was very disturbing I have NO IDEA where it came from as no such thoughts come into my head from day to day ( although 4-5 years ago they used to).
This is very weird and I feel disgusting and disappointed.
I remember myself brushing off the dream and then when I continued to sleep, the dream continued but I didn't brush it off the second time and  after thinking a gross thought, I immediately woke up feeling outraged.

Is this from me? I know the true source of all this is satan but what does having this kind of dream mean about me?

This is so random and strange and I just want to make sure it never happens again. Please give me some tips and Spiritual advice perhaps books or sermons or Bible verses.
God Bless you all

Comments

• Before retiring to sleep, make sure that you pray the psalms. When you are actually on bed to sleep and after you close your eyes, envision the crucifix with Christ on it thanking Him for His deep love
  • It doesn't necessarily have to be from the devil. Dreams can come from three sources: God, the devil, or yourself.

If the dream comes from God then there is something really important about the dream.

If the dream is from the devil, then he is trying to scare or frighten you so you could be coaxed into forgeting God and stop speaking to Him. He is trying to scare you to make you feel weak and hopeless and think about the dream all day instead of God.

You can also get a dream from your conscience: your worries, excitement, and thoughts from the whole day.

Either way whatever triggered your dream doesn't matter unless its from God. If its something scary, just forget about it. It won't help you much to find out what it was about if its not from God.

I know this from experience and from reading it in Pope Shenouda's book. I had all three kinds of dreams, but the ones from the devil were the most terrifing and it felt as if the devil was fighting me in my dreams. Dreams about destruction and control over my life. Uggh...just don't let it get to you, because it will waste your time...believe me.

imikhail is right...
  • + Irini nem ehmot,

I highly recommend saying the Jesus prayer as you go to sleep. If you continue to do this more and more, you'll find that you will recite it subconsciously and even while you sleep.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=12091.msg143240#msg143240 date=1313548069]
    + Irini nem ehmot,

I highly recommend saying the Jesus prayer as you go to sleep. If you continue to do this more and more, you'll find that you will recite it subconsciously and even while you sleep.

I hope you practice this exercise yourself Kephas. May be it will teach you not to slander others.

Beware Kephas

[i][b]"whoever spreads slander is a fool" Proverbs 10:18

"A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back." Proverbs 29:11
    [/i][/b]
  • to me, wearing a cross while sleeping helps keep nightmares away....