I need help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I need a lot of help and I don't know what to do. My dad says that I am not who I was before. My dad doesn't like my friends so he told me that I left my old good friends and became friends with new bad ones. One is a boy and one is a girl. The girl was my girlfriend but I seeked help and ended any sort couple related things from my head and I stopped going out and things like that. But now the girl is my bestfriend and I tell her most of my problems and she helps me and supports me throughout the way. If it wasn't for her then I wouldn't even read my bible and pray every day. Everytime I sleep and I forget she wakes me up and reminds me and whenever we read when we are done we send each other our favorite verse in the chapter. I have repented and confessed about me going out with her and he asked me is it over and I said yes it is over. But we still like each other and we are really close friends and my dad says that me and her are going out and I told him that no we aren't. My dad thinks that she is the source of me losing my faith. He says that I have changed and that I am losing my way in Christ. When I honestly feel like I have moved closer to him. Before I even knew her I would always go to all these alhan classes and dress as a deacon but I only did it because I felt like I was forced and I was forced by my dad. I didn't learn anything from alhan at all and I would misbehave during liturgy. But now I help more in my church and I pay attention in liturgy amd whenever I don't behave correctly in liturgy I feel guilty and upset because I feel I have upset god. My told me that all I do is move away from god because I yell at my parents and disobey them and my dad says that when I confess I only say the minor things like I lied and cursed but I honestly say all of the sins that I could remember and I repent before I confess. But my point is that my dad says that my friend is bad for me when I am trying to show him she isn't. I am always with her and the other boy they are my two closest friends and they are the ones I am always with. The girl goes to liturgy and attends it and ignores all distractions and confesses weekly and reads her bible and prays daily. I feel like she helps me with both my spiritual life and normal life. My told me that she is a bad example for me and that he doesn't want me to be with anywhere and he doesn't even want me to talk to her. My dad said if I can prove to him the she is good and helps me then he will let us be friends with no problem.

Please help me I want to keep my friends

My dad is mostly concerned about the girl.

By the way I am 16 years old.

Thank you in advance for your help and my god be with you and pray for me.

Comments

• [quote author=Iamonlyanothersinner link=topic=11937.msg142076#msg142076 date=1311855207]
    I need a lot of help and I don't know what to do. My dad says that I am not who I was before. My dad doesn't like my friends so he told me that I left my old good friends and became friends with new bad ones. One is a boy and one is a girl. The girl was my girlfriend but I seeked help and ended any sort couple related things from my head and I stopped going out and things like that. But now the girl is my bestfriend and I tell her most of my problems and she helps me and supports me throughout the way. If it wasn't for her then I wouldn't even read my bible and pray every day. Everytime I sleep and I forget she wakes me up and reminds me and whenever we read when we are done we send each other our favorite verse in the chapter. I have repented and confessed about me going out with her and he asked me is it over and I said yes it is over. But we still like each other and we are really close friends and my dad says that me and her are going out and I told him that no we aren't. My dad thinks that she is the source of me losing my faith. He says that I have changed and that I am losing my way in Christ. When I honestly feel like I have moved closer to him. Before I even knew her I would always go to all these alhan classes and dress as a deacon but I only did it because I felt like I was forced and I was forced by my dad. I didn't learn anything from alhan at all and I would misbehave during liturgy. But now I help more in my church and I pay attention in liturgy amd whenever I don't behave correctly in liturgy I feel guilty and upset because I feel I have upset god. My told me that all I do is move away from god because I yell at my parents and disobey them and my dad says that when I confess I only say the minor things like I lied and cursed but I honestly say all of the sins that I could remember and I repent before I confess. But my point is that my dad says that my friend is bad for me when I am trying to show him she isn't. I am always with her and the other boy they are my two closest friends and they are the ones I am always with. The girl goes to liturgy and attends it and ignores all distractions and confesses weekly and reads her bible and prays daily. I feel like she helps me with both my spiritual life and normal life. My told me that she is a bad example for me and that he doesn't want me to be with anywhere and he doesn't even want me to talk to her. My dad said if I can prove to him the she is good and helps me then he will let us be friends with no problem.

Please help me I want to keep my friends

My dad is mostly concerned about the girl.

By the way I am 16 years old.

Thank you in advance for your help and my god be with you and pray for me.

You're dad is afraid that both of you will lose control and engage in sexual activity, especially at your hormonic age.
  • Iamonlyanothersinner, it is great that you've found a friend who can lift you up & bring you closer to God. however, something doesn't seem right. you wrote:
    "I have repented and confessed about me going out with her and he asked me is it over and I said yes it is over. But we still like each other and we are really close friends"

You confessed that you went out with her, yet you still like her. & both of you have admitted mutual liking. the whole sin in dating at the wrong time is giving your heart and your time to things other than God. how can you guys bring each other closer to God when you two like each other and are each others' distractions. it doesnt make sense, and it would be decieving yourself to think that a genuine relationship with God can be nurtured this way.
    i am not saying to cut her off as a friend, but in my opninion, your dad (though his view seems so far-fetched) speaks some truth. it is a bad influence in your life to be so close to someone of the oposite sex (especially when you guys have feelings for each other).
    from my experience (i am a 16-yr old girl), these relationships are destrucive and dont last. the friendships i've had with guys, that in my mind seemed innocent, were not. and when the friendship drew apart, it was painful because i was decieving myself the whole time.
    so, keep your female friend, just dont treat her like your wife...there has to be some kind of line drawn between you two.  in the meantime, get to know God and experience Him for who he is, it is a far more rewarding experience

"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify" - 1 Cor 10:23

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" -galatians 2:20

-Your sister