tsunami fundraiser vs. Cancer in Africa

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone i just wanted to bring the subject up about the tsunami that happened in Asia on December 26 if u haven't noticed all the fundraisers and things like that are only going to the Tsunami (well atleast most of it) and its like no one cares about the cancer in Africa(maybe a little) i know God prally knows whats gona happen and everything but when i donate something to the Tsunami fund i feel bad that i'm not doing anything about the cancer....What do u guyz think about this?..Whats ur Opinion?

Comments

• Cancer?? i have heard alot about AIDS in africa, but cancer i have heard nothing about, and i think everyone should just do their part! ... i dunno really i dont feel like u do , the tsunami people are suffereing and they need our help, but so are people in Africa, and they are getting help! i dunno i am not makin anysense!

Maria
  • ITS NOT REALLY OUR PROBLEM we could choose to donate for the tsunami if we want but for real we can't really do much......confusedsoul i know that it was a very tragic thing that happened but we should concentrate more on our society first before we can contribute to the tsunami ... lets pray for tem too but baisically we should leave this up to God (i don't know why this was posted in the first place lol)
  • oh sorry i Meant AIDS thankyou for correcting me...and I'm sorry Thebrain that this doesn't concern u
  • A lot of funding is constantly going to aids in Africa. Its just that right now these people need to rebuild their lives. Don't feel bad. One person can only donate so much. Its not your job to give everyone everything all the time. I'm sure God realizes that you're doing all you can. Just do what you can and let God worry about the rest.
  • [quote author=SaviourOfMySoul link=board=1;threadid=1185;start=0#msg20045 date=1107737846]
    i think everyone should just do their part! ... i dunno really i dont feel like u do!

Maria

well i don't want to sound mean..i really don't mean to if i do ..but u shouldn't judge me right away like that..i've done my part i 've donated money..and cans to the tsunami fund...idk if thats what u meant but yeah...sorry if i sounded mean
  • i don't think she meant you specifically, i thinks he meant people in general...or..i'm not sure, correct me if i'm wrong.
  • thats exactly what i meant, liike in general everyone should just do their part, and i dunt feel that we are not giving enough to adis alot of help is being sent there, i mean i dunt feel like u do about the guilt, about sending to the tsunami and not the aids...am i makin sense??

Maria
  • am i makin sense

:)

You always make sense.I dont think I've ever read a post where you didnt....Now me on the other hand....After I re-read some of the stuff I post I'm not sure anybody can understand what I'm trying to say...lol... ;D