Mercy and grace for my struggling marriage

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Christ is in our midst, my dear Brothers and Sisters! 

I thank all of you so dearly for your prayers and encouragement when my wife and I were in the midst of our most difficult circumstances since we got married.  God has been gracious and has poured out His abundant love and mercy upon us. 

While things are still better, we still need prayer.  My wife has recently started a new job, by the grace of God, in the field she has wanted to work in (fashion/beauty), however since starting her relationship with God has been neglected and even becomes extremely hostile toward me whenever I say, "praise God!" or anything 'spiritual.'  She is extremely tense all the time and does not deal with stress well at all. 

Pray for God's mercy and love to shine forth in her heart, so that she may see that she is made perfect in His sight by the Incarnation, death, and Resurrection of our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ. 
Ask for mercy for me, the unprofitable servant of God, that He would set me forth as a worthy servant of His goodness and love for my dear wife. 

In my weakness,

Comments

• [quote author=joseph.vandenbrink link=topic=11846.msg141476#msg141476 date=1310617702]
    Christ is in our midst, my dear Brothers and Sisters! 

I thank all of you so dearly for your prayers and encouragement when my wife and I were in the midst of our most difficult circumstances since we got married.  God has been gracious and has poured out His abundant love and mercy upon us. 

While things are still better, we still need prayer.  My wife has recently started a new job, by the grace of God, in the field she has wanted to work in (fashion/beauty), however since starting her relationship with God has been neglected and even becomes extremely hostile toward me whenever I say, "praise God!" or anything 'spiritual.'  She is extremely tense all the time and does not deal with stress well at all. 

Pray for God's mercy and love to shine forth in her heart, so that she may see that she is made perfect in His sight by the Incarnation, death, and Resurrection of our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ. 
    Ask for mercy for me, the unprofitable servant of God, that He would set me forth as a worthy servant of His goodness and love for my dear wife. 

In my weakness,

My prayers are with you.
    Maybe you brought her into the religion too quick? We have sunday school for children for a reason, maybe if you guys could have small chats occasionally slowly bringing her in, it would be a smoother transition.
  • [quote author=Retartet link=topic=11846.msg141487#msg141487 date=1310645473]
    Kyriee-le-e-e-e-eee-e-e-e-eee-eison.

Loooord Haaaave Meee-ee-e-ee-eee-eeeeee-eee-eee-ee-ee-e-ee-eee-eeeeee-ee-e-eeercy

Seriously dude, something up?