Stop talking back!!!

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
To me it is extremely difficult to not talk back to others. If someone says something to me that i don't like, i must talk back as a habit now. How can i stop? I do it also, A LOT, with my parents and sisters. it's becoming my personality. I want to stop it and i have tried but i could stop for like half a day and just loose it thorughout the rest of the day. Sometimes my family members tell me advice or respond to some questions i have with unexplained answer. I tell them that i like all my answers to be with realistic explanations and reasons but that seems to just start a conflict between me and them, everytime. I can't help it if i have to rely on the explanations and not just a yes or no or a period at the end and finish the answer with a sentense, because many times i ask and they give me a respond which i then find out is incorrect, not all the time though. This creates in me a more and more of a tension to talk back to everyone. sometimes they don't listen to my opinion at all which is then when i get extremely angry. How could i stop??? I need help.  ???  ???  :-[  :-[  ???

Comments

• Try to have a mindset of living for God through serving others. By that i mean, our family, friends etc don't have to conform to our needs, but rather we should do our best to make them happy (in the Lord). For example, instead of relying on explanations on what your parents say, just understand they know what's best and are definately more knowledgable and experienced than us, only through obeying God first.. Obedience is a such a blessing, even if sometimes the 'command' doesn't make sense, and just as long as it's not a sin.
    Take Moses for example, God told him to lift up his rod, stretch his hand over the sea and divide it and God will make the sea split. That doesn't make sense!? How can the red sea split with that? But Moses, did it. He didn't question. He just obeyed. The result was prosperous! Not only did God deliver them from pharoah and his army but He also led them to beginning their journey to the promised land!

Making a difference in people's lives is so much more satisfing than pleasing ourself. We need to decrease our own ego, so that God can work through us to serve. Serve people for God.
    Talk to your Confession Father though, because he can you probably give you the correct advice.

p.s! I think it's a teenage stage we go through though because we are still exploring the things around us; explanation. It's okay to ask for an explanation but we should be wise towards the way we do it.
  • Same problem here  :P