Israel and the Jews

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Agapy everyone,
What is Christianity and the Bible's view on the rights of the Jews to the land of Israel? Do they have the right to return to the land after 2000 years of exile and expel everyone else who had lived there for centuries? I wonder at the huge support they get from the American rightwing evangelical Christians.My observation is they tend to believe the Jews are the biblical rightful inheritors of Israel. At the same time,it saddens me to see the Americans and the West deliberately ignore the plight and persecution of the rightful owners of Egypt and Iraqi Christians.The west's desire to support Israel may emanate from the fact that they think Israel  is a holy land, but so is Egypt too, because the Lord has walked on its soil. Our worldwide demonstrations and cries fall on deaf ears.The Jews must be doing some things right to get all this massive support. I don't get it.What do you guys think?

Comments

• I have no idea why they receive so much support while other pressing issues are shoved to the side.

What really complicates it is that Christians, Jew, and Muslims all claim a legitimate right to the land. I don't see why it shouldn't be Christian land, if we are the "new Jews" so to speak.
  • i think it is evident that jews are the wealthiest sector of u.s society and have much pull within the government. the turks were better at administrating the holy lands as they allowed pilgrimage of all faiths and the churches were for the most part safe. in fact 40% of jerualem was christian and it was after the 1948 war that there was mass christian exodus. no one has claim to the holy land as all have claim to it.
  • In Christianity, we do not focus on the earthly land as we say in the liturgy of St. Basil we are sojourners. Rather, we focus on the heavenly Jerusalem.

The Bible's emphasis on the land given to Israel was a symbol to the heavenly inheritance which would be given to the believers. No longer this is true after once the symbol became real after redemption.