da vinci code - wats ur verdict

2»

Comments

• that book is pretty much filled with alot of nonsense like the last supper. it is just so horrible about what they say
  • Hey guys,

I was talking to Abouna and I mentioned the book and how I wanted to read it and he said that if it attacks the Church, it's like any other book that does, it's a waste of time...he advised me not to waste my time reading it but rather do more important things...

Mike
  • [quote author=e_a_h link=board=1;threadid=1151;start=30#msg22356 date=1111380412]

Never test your faith

Is that really wise? True faith does not mean being ignorant of foreign thinking. The time will come when you will be exposed to these ideas against your will...

It has nothing to do with being ignorant..there's actually refrence to this..and I didn't make it up..How can we pray every day, "And lead us not into temptation..", when we're the ones leading ourselves into temptation. Friend, like you said, "against your will"..no such thing as our will in Christianity..it's called "God's will". Did God ask you to read that book? Until then dont test your faith because we're all but dust..no point thinking that we're of such strong faith and we can handle such because what is strong faith? How can we who our dust, lead ourselves into temptation thinking that we are strong enough to handle it? Now is THAT wise? When God wants to test your faith maybe you'll come across such things..and then it won't be against your will but according to God's will. Not only are you testing yourself, you are testing God since you have no strength and your strength comes from God and as it is written "Thou shall not tempt the Lord your God" Deuteronomy 6:16 God bless.
  • Did God ask you to read that book?

You make a good point but i think you take it a little too far. If you don't read that book then you have absolutely no right to judge it or else you are a hypocrite. Just because you were told that the book is sacreligious doesn't make it so.

I think you are right that if you have little knowledge and faith you should probably not read something that will harm you but on the other hand if you are moderately educated you will know not take everything at face value. I read the book, i know why many christians are upset but i learned several very important things from the book that I would not have learned otherwise. Does this mean that I believe in the story or all the 'facts' in it - NO, but I would recommend it to anyone interested in religious history and art.
  • Devil: "you're educated, man! Who cares? read the book, it might be intresting"
  • Devil: "you're educated, man! Who cares? read the book, it might be intresting"

God gave us a brain to use it. What good is your free will if you shelter yourself from the rest of the world?
  • [quote author=e_a_h link=board=1;threadid=1151;start=30#msg22418 date=1111469956]

Devil: "you're educated, man! Who cares? read the book, it might be intresting"

God gave us a brain to use it. What good is your free will if you shelter yourself from the rest of the world?

We're not of the world..
  • We're not of the world..

That may be true, but we are living in the world and it is arrogant to raise ourselves above everyone else. You are adovocating complete isolation from society which is absolutely against the teachings of christ.
  • Devil: " God gave you a brain to use it. What good is your free will if you shelter yourself from the rest of the world?"

My point exactly. Watch out, the creature of years of experience is after us, and only God can save us.

Mike