Life of Praise Convention 2011 - open for families

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
An announcement that was sent to me:

-----------------------------------------------
Christ is Risen!

By the grace of God, Moallem Ibrahim Ayad has safely arrived to the US and is now residing with us in New Jersey.  In order to benefit from his presence with us, Bishop David has organized the first ever family hymns convention with Moallem Ibrahim Ayad in the US.  It will be in Somerset, New Jersey, next week from May 20 - 22.

The convention is a family convention open to all ages so that all may benefit from his presence.  Anyone who is under 18 will need parental supervision to register at the hotel.

Please sign up your whole family immediately online at WWW.NIHOV.ORG.  The deadline to sign up is May 18.  Space at the hotel is limited. 

The details are as follows:
Address: 60 Cottontail Lane, Somerset, NJ
Dates: May 20-22
Ages:      All ages; under 18 needs parental supervision
Deadline: May 18
Application:  www.NIHOV.org

Please spread the word, make announcements, and forward this to all your youth meetings and to all your friends so that all may benefit.
-----------------------------------------------

I think we all should it take advantage of this opportunity. Last year the convention was successful as an alhan convention. Having Cantor Ibrahim Ayad around is a great blessing that we should take (i actually did today when we prayed with Fr.Markos & Fr. Gabriel Abdel-masseh and the cantor at St.Moses & St. Abraam in Piscataway, NJ.)

Comments

• STOP RUBBING IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=11441.msg137954#msg137954 date=1305439186]
    STOP RUBBING IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

i will over and over again. soon i'll have a pics up somewhere and the liturgy itself.....dude, we raba3na with him in Shere el-kebira.
  • How long will he be in the US? And will he be going to any other state, specifically California after he is done?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11441.msg137961#msg137961 date=1305448827]
    How long will he be in the US? And will he be going to any other state, specifically California after he is done?

I wish, but i really doubt it.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11441.msg137961#msg137961 date=1305448827]
    How long will he be in the US? And will he be going to any other state, specifically California after he is done?

i really really really think that he won't.
  • Great liturgy with him here in EB. Someone was recording it so I'm sure it will be online. Amazing liturgy. Oh and mina, we did a lot more than Shere el kabira  :P :P
  • Was he wearing a suit or the seminarian black robe?
  • Black Robe
  • Is it possible that someone can record the convention & put it online for download? a Video would be great really!
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11441.msg137995#msg137995 date=1305508245]
    Was he wearing a suit or the seminarian black robe?

seminarian.
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11441.msg137976#msg137976 date=1305487879]
    Great liturgy with him here in EB. Someone was recording it so I'm sure it will be online. Amazing liturgy. Oh and mina, we did a lot more than Shere el kabira  :P :P

ok....but still nothing tops the liturgy we prayed on saturday....consider the priests too ;).
    [quote author=baladoos link=topic=11441.msg138003#msg138003 date=1305514542]
    Is it possible that someone can record the convention & put it online for download? a Video would be great really!

if you pay me enough........
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11441.msg137976#msg137976 date=1305487879]
    Great liturgy with him here in EB. Someone was recording it so I'm sure it will be online. Amazing liturgy. Oh and mina, we did a lot more than Shere el kabira  :P :P

Any way you can send me those videos? youtube possibly?
  • Now that we are on the topic of Cantor Ibrahim Ayad, I heard something along the lines of he creating his own school for hymns and he an email list came out to those interested to attend their meetings. Is this true? Possibly the people who have the blessing of being with him can ask him? Thanks a lot.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11441.msg138023#msg138023 date=1305531635]
    Now that we are on the topic of Cantor Ibrahim Ayad, I heard something along the lines of he creating his own school for hymns and he an email list came out to those interested to attend their meetings. Is this true? Possibly the people who have the blessing of being with him can ask him? Thanks a lot.

is this what you are talking about: مركز مارمرقس للدراسات الليتورجيه القبطيه = Saint Mark's Center for Coptic Liturgical Studies.
    a center that is done under the guidance of HGB Rafael with the church of downtown cairo. Antoun works a lot with them. Now this is very close to the set of HICS: different classes with different studies and therefore different teachers. It follows a higher education structure (schools yrs with 2 semesters) with many limitations thoo (age, ID, recommendations...etc)......what i also understood from the text is that they are working on bringing this to those outside egypt.......but i don't see that working because their site is down.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11441.msg138022#msg138022 date=1305531440]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11441.msg137976#msg137976 date=1305487879]

Any way you can send me those videos? youtube possibly?

Once it is online, I will send you the link.
  • Can you post it here or send the link to me as well? Thanks!
  • [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=11441.msg138040#msg138040 date=1305572508]
    Can you post it here or send the link to me as well? Thanks!

Sure. I will post it.
  • Minagir,

Which one are you in the picture?
  • CIA's hairline looks like a dove. I think the rest of the deacons should copy.

Also this picture is deceiving: all individuals are under 5 feet, there is no constant.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=11441.msg138173#msg138173 date=1305750474]
    Also this picture is deceiving: all individuals are under 5 feet, there is no constant.

mashy......
  • CIA looks younger than in the Cathedral.
  • It's the new trending dove hairstyle.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=11441.msg138204#msg138204 date=1305760393]
    It's the new trending dove hairstyle.

it's not new he always had it that way.
  • Thanks for that Mina!  ;D
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11441.msg138201#msg138201 date=1305755785]
    CIA looks younger than in the Cathedral.

That's because he dyes his hair.

This is a nice recording. Is there a video of this available? And speaking of the recording, did CIA cry when he was chanting the first quartet of "Kata Nikhoros?" His voice cracked a few times as if he was crying. I ask this because when he was reciting the fourth gospel on Palm Sunday broke the same way and he let Anton finish it. Does anyone who attended with him notice him crying? If he was, does anyone know why?

I admit, the last question is kind of silly to ask but it would be cool to know what he was crying about if he was really crying. lol
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=11441.msg138230#msg138230 date=1305798814]
    This is a nice recording. Is there a video of this available? And speaking of the recording, did CIA cry when he was chanting the first quartet of "Kata Nikhoros?" His voice cracked a few times as if he was crying. I ask this because when he was reciting the fourth gospel on Palm Sunday broke the same way and he let Anton finish it. Does anyone who attended with him notice him crying? If he was, does anyone know why?

I admit, the last question is kind of silly to ask but it would be cool to know what he was crying about if he was really crying. lol

He did. but i think what's enough in egypt now can make anyone cry.
  • Um. How is Abouna Gabriel Abdel-Maseeh in this?!
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=11441.msg138244#msg138244 date=1305813525]
    Um. How is Abouna Gabriel Abdel-Maseeh in this?!

what do you mean?! He was the one blessing. Fr Gabriel and Fr Markos sound the same.....they're brothers  :D
  • I'm confused.

Calling out to ILSM!!!! Please explain what's going on!