marriage

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey all , i was just wondering d use beieve that mariiage is fate or choice?

Comments

• Interesting question.... I believe its both. God has a perfect someone for each of us but in the end of the day we must choose for ourselves because we can always choose to go against everything and take the decision (never I good thing). Lots of things come into it like listening to God's voice, prayer and submission to God.

Fady
  • I really dont know, but my mom always tells me to pray about it, so that God sends me the person that is right for me , so that we can complete each other, mentally emotionaly and spiritually, and the more trust u put in God, the easire the decision becomes when its time to chose your life partner...i really think its in the hands of God :)

MAria
  • i agree with Maria and ur mom too and i really think its fate and choice for marriage but at the end its ur choice.and i have a friend that his brother lives in egypt and his brother supposed to get married in 4 days and after being together for 6 years and they love each other, her father just 2 weeks ago tolled her that he doesn't agree on him and its a big NO and u will not marry him no matter what and its really sad for both of them b/c they love each other and her dad is doing everything he can even though he locked her in the house and he did a lot of stuff to stop this marriage this story i still cant believe why is this happening to them even though they stayed 6 years together and her dad loved him and he just changed his mind 2 weeks before the wedding. but hopefully they will end up together and that's if god want them to be together but their saydna tolled them he will marry them both even if her parents doesn't agree but the problem is if she can get out of the house he tolled them if she comes just for 30 min. he will marry them. please u guys pray for them (maggi & george) may god bless us all and not let us to be in this situation . i have a QS do u know can saydna do that can he marry both of them even though her parents dont agree on the guy?? :-\
  • Also remember, better to remain single and searching for the right person than divorced and miserable for having made an uninspired choice from the Holy Spirit and His Sacraments.
  • u make a good point, i find that it is important to pray in matters such as these, and its important to take the advice of those older than you have experiance listen to everyone and waht they have to say then ask god for guidance and make your decision! trust me i have seen maragies end in divorce as a result of lack of prayer, and lack of listening to others!SO MY FINAL THINK IS PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!!

Maria ( and yup i agree with my moma too, she is a wise woman!)

• I have said this before: "Listen to your mothers."

In my own adage: 'Mothers are saints, but grandmothers are angels."

Listen to the "saints" and "angels".

Actually, I think some mothers act like archangels (just a joke).
  • that actually brings a point about dating thats actually the reason why there is lots of divorces in the USA because of lust and emotional love. so its best just to wait till u can support a family then look for a wife(or from a girls point of view husband) or just let God guide u to the ur partner thats best thing u can practically do.
  • That is an interestign topic. I have a question that I am going to pose. Maybe you guys can answer.
    You speak of the guidance of the Holy spirit, but how would you know that he/she IS THE ONE? I guess this question poses itself a million times over. How do you know God's plan and will? I agree with you guys that there are some decisions you should not be making on your own, I believe that this goes on top of that list (Maybe right after marrige vs. monasticism). But How would you know? If you guys know an answer, please share.
  • This is when your father of confession comes in. He is the one who can help you in your decision. Obviously God will not speak to you directly. But he will speak to you through your father of confession.