Difference of Lord's Prayer and Cross Prayer

Why does our Lord's prayer add to the Lord's prayer that is in the bible? Also, Why is your "Crossing prayer" (I have no idea what it is called but it is In the name of the Father....) also different?

Comments

• The Lord's prayer is addressed to the Father. Our Lord Jesus taught us the Lord's prayer and commanded us to ask everything of the Father in His name "whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you" John 15:16.

This is why we end the prayer with the phrase: "in Christ Jesus our Lord". The phrase "For Thine(or Yours is the power ..." is an angelic praise and was used by Ancient Christians including the Apostles.

The phrase: In the Name of the Father ..." is really not a prayer by a canon that we recite to declare our belief in the Holy Trinity.

BTW, all the litanies in the liturgy, except the Gospel one, are addressed to the Father and ends with: through the Grace, love and compassion of our Lord Jesus Christ ....

I hope this answer your question.

• Sorry..I meant why are they different than other Christians?
  • What difference(s) are you referring to?
  • How we have more to each of them. For example, the catholics say "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen." When we say One God amen. and the same thing with the addition to the Lord's prayer you mentioned
  • It is the way it has been received in our Church. Every Traditional Church (Latin, Greek, Syrian, Coptic, ...) has a Tradition that is slightly different (because of culture and other factors) but the main idea is the same.

You see these differences in the rituals and the prayers of each Church.

Thanks.
  • in the romanian orthodox church, they say (in the Lord's prayer) '...lead us not into temptation, and yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, amen'.
    so, yes, each church has a slightly different tradition, i would use the tradition of the church i was in at the time.

by the way, today is the commemoration of saint matthias:
    link to synaxarium here -  http://www.copticchurch.net/classes/getLectionary.php or here -
    http://www.copticchurch.net/synaxarium/7_8.html#1

he preached in a dangerous country and was obedient to God even through difficult times; may we learn from his example and glory be to God forever.
    :)