Fr. Peter Joins Orthodox Purity on Facebook

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey everyone, just wanted you to know that Fr. Peter has joined Orthodox Purity on Facebook. I encourage all of you to join and participate in keeping the Orthodox Church pure.

Comments

• No offense Ioannes, but how is joining a facebook group going to keep our Orthodox Church pure? lol
  • The facebook group is called Orthodox Purity==>Orthodox Church, people... I donno what Purity
  • No offense TITL,Why didn't you take things literally just like protestantism,I think what Ioannes meant was by joining Orthodox purity on facebook we could learn,teach and share knowledge with others to make the Orthodox Church pure and he took as an example one of the great fathers alive,Fr. Peter as a member of the group and He was excited and I am too,There was nothing to be sarcastic about it.
  • Soroeht,

Although I am quite confused about your Protestant comment, my question to Ioannes was not a sarcastic one. In other words, I was asking what this group's purpose was, hoping that he would explain it's intentions (although I vaguely remember another thread about this group).

He knows very well that I have a deep respect for him and didn't intend for any hard feelings.

I didn't know his last sentence wasn't supposed to be taken literally. Forgive me.
  • TITL, people did not ever think FB could be used to oust Mubarak. The idea here is to bring like minded people together and discuss these issues. Hopefully others who are unaware of this growing problem will become more aware of it. Most people are too busy to keep in touch in more traditional ways, so the easiest way is FB. If we can get enough people together in one unified voice, then we can all speak as one and be heard. We have clergy that do not understand this danger saying things like "These are just songs, how could they be dangerous", so we need to inform them why they are not "just songs" and how they are indeed very dangerous, especially to youth. Orthodox Purity is the group in which we can all come together and discuss this issue. You are free to join.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=10824.msg131512#msg131512 date=1298572767]
    Hey everyone, just wanted you to know that Fr. Peter has joined Orthodox Purity on Facebook. I encourage all of you to join and participate in keeping the Orthodox Church pure.

I can't find the page.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10824.msg131578#msg131578 date=1298639178]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=10824.msg131512#msg131512 date=1298572767]

I can't find the page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_105389392871239