Regarding may 21 2011

edited February 2011 in Personal Issues
What is our church's view regarding the protestant belief that judgement day will come on this date, may 21, 2011? I always believed what our Lord said, "he will come like a thief in the night..." without warning.. Please give me your opinions...  (Actually what they say is May 21 2011 starts the rapture and then supposedly december 21st is the actual judgement day...)

Comments

• What!? I thought it was December 21, 2012! Those liars keep changing the date >:(

That's the last time I take their word for it!!

I'm going to resort to TrustingInTheLord; seems to be the only reasonable alternative.
  • [quote author=jenny link=topic=10738.msg130783#msg130783 date=1297873713]
    What is our church's view regarding the protestant belief that judgement day will come on this date, may 21, 2011? I always believed what our Lord said, "he will come like a thief in the night..." without warning.. Please give me your opinions...

If the end of the world doesn't happen on that date, protestants will lose all credibility (if they haven't already).

This shows the precise arrogance and foolishness of these people to even come out with a date.

Which part of "No one knows the Day or Time, the Son of Man will come ..." do they not understand?

They are adament on attacking the true Bride of Christ, the orthodox Church - and their alternative is this?

• hmm, i think it's about 0.1% protestants that actually believe this, and only the ones that watch dodgy internet videos. i didn't meet anyone who takes it seriously (i know a lot of protestants).

i will be very disappointed if the world ends then as i have plans to meet my friends from my previous town in july!
    ;)

anyway, jenny, nice to have another 'old', married woman here, i can take a back seat now and post less!
    ;)
  • It is actually 17 February 2011.  Check back tomorrow to find out if I am right.
  • I wonder how Judgment Day works relative to time zones?  Does it roll through at one hour at a time?
    Or is time suspended?

Does it go by GMT? ... which means that all the Brits will be judged first, thus giving us all a chance to repent before it comes to our time zone in the States.

You're all probably saying:  'Only ilovesaintmark can come up with such a stupid twist.'

You know what:  you are all correct.

Only I can be that stupid.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10738.msg130797#msg130797 date=1297884786]
    I wonder how Judgment Day works relative to time zones?  Does it roll through at one hour at a time?
    Or is time suspended?

Does it go by GMT? ... which means that all the Brits will be judged first, thus giving us all a chance to repent before it comes to our time zone in the States.

You're all probably saying:  'Only ilovesaintmark can come up with such a stupid twist.'

You know what:  you are all correct.

Only I can be that stupid.

lol. If we're talking time zones, then you east coast north americans will beat us by a couple hours
  • You're all probably saying:  'Only ilovesaintmark can come up with such a stupid twist.'

Correction: Replace "stupid" with "hysterically funny".

I'm still laughing!
  • [quote author=jenny link=topic=10738.msg130783#msg130783 date=1297873713]
    What is our church's view regarding the protestant belief that judgement day will come on this date, may 21, 2011? ..)

i think your question reveals terrifying levels of ignorance! (sorry for putting it so bluntly but this is quite an understatement!!!!!)
    may21,2011 is NOT a PROTESTANT belief!!! it is a YOUTUBE belief!!!
    please do not mix them up, if you want to respect yourself...

• I have the opposite view as Mabsoota. I'll rejoice if it comes on May 21 because then I can finally stop paying off my student loans! :D
  • I don't think that this is believed by many Protestants because I m around protestants all the time and not once did I hear about this
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=10738.msg130896#msg130896 date=1297918065]
    I don't think that this is believed by many Protestants because I m around protestants all the time and not once did I hear about this

you are right geomike, but jenny is a good example of innocent slaughter of protestantism. there is a moral inertia that makes the orthodox feel right to blame and slate the protestants for anything they condemn or don't like. well, what can be said?... God have mercy on us all!!
  • I totally disagree with this protestant thought.

Nobody knows when judgment day will come, yes you are right about [quote author=jenny link=topic=10738.msg130783#msg130783 date=1297873713]
    "he will come like a thief in the night..." without warning..

But our LORD didn't give us a specifical date, so don't worry lol!
    Just be rather always prepared, like the 5 wise virgins.

Gb
  • [quote author=*Bride of Jesus* link=topic=10738.msg130912#msg130912 date=1297939069]
    I totally disagree with this protestant thought.

Gb

you seem to be another jenny!!! this is not a protestant thought/teaching!
    at least you have the courage to show your ignorance.. well done!!
    yeah... keep slating the protestants and hope for a place in heaven. slightly stupid game but you can try, anyway.
    by the way, taking the user name 'Bride of Jesus' does not make you more spiritual nor does it give you the right to claim innocence when slandering the protestants. there is a danger you might meet some protestants when you arrive in hell and they will give you a hard time for slandering them while here on earth!!  ;)
  • ILSM,

How come your guess was wrong?
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10738.msg130930#msg130930 date=1297955963]
    ILSM,

your thinking is wrong, not my guess!! take it easy buddy, and get real!!!
  • Somebody gotta chill
  • Lightening,

I was trying to make a point. I agree with you. No one can predict the end of time.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10738.msg130939#msg130939 date=1297959388]
    Lightening,

I was trying to make a point. I agree with you. No one can predict the end of time.

if you agree with me that no one can predict the future, can you do it without slating the protestants?.. that was my point which you seem to divert the attention from, at this point....

• (written italicized is written by me, had some probs with quoting).

[quote author=lightening link=topic=10738.msg130921#msg130921 date=1297948349]
    [quote author=*Bride of Jesus* link=topic=10738.msg130912#msg130912 date=1297939069]
    I totally disagree with this protestant thought.

Gb

you seem to be another jenny!!! this is not a protestant thought/teaching!
    at least you have the courage to show your ignorance.. well done!!
    yeah... keep slating the protestants and hope for a place in heaven. slightly stupid game but you can try, anyway.
    by the way, taking the user name 'Bride of Jesus' does not make you more spiritual nor does it give you the right to claim innocence when slandering the protestants. there is a danger you might meet some protestants when you arrive in hell and they will give you a hard time for slandering them while here on earth!!   ;)

Firstly, I didn't mean to offend anyone, i just tried to make a point, that nobody know when judgment day will come. Jesus didn't give us a specific date.
    Secondly, I find your respond very rude. If you aren't able to response without offending others, than rather don't.
    Moreover, my answer isn't based on my own knowledge but on what here has been said in the first post, so I thought it was a protestant thought:

[quote author=jenny link=topic=10738.msg130783#msg130783 date=1297873713]
    What is our church's view regarding the protestant belief that judgement day will come on this date, may 21, 2011? ..)

I admit that I have not much knowledge on this subject, I am still learning.
    Also, i didn't read the rest of the posts. You could have been right that this isn't a protestant thought, but also if u ARE right, than I ask u politely to clarify it in a kind way.

[quote author=lightening link=topic=10738.msg130921#msg130921 date=1297948349]

>> I am not trying to play a game, I am just giving my opinion and that should be respected like any other one.

by the way, taking the user name 'Bride of Jesus' does not make you more spiritual nor does it give you the right to claim innocence when slandering the protestants. there is a danger you might meet some protestants when you arrive in hell and they will give you a hard time for slandering them while here on earth!!   ;)

>> I only just this nickname cause I like it and because I am aspiring to be it. I have never said that I am the bride of jesus, I don't even deserve it. Who am I?
    I don't like it that you judge someone's nickname without even knowing the person's meaning of it.
    Only God can judge me.

Protestant thought or not, I only admit that the Lord hasn't give us a date for judgment day.

Pfm,

Gb

• i am sorry, i thought being rude is not a problem on this blog, since nobody gets offended when protestants are being slated...
    otherwise, can someone explain why some kind of being rude should be tolerated and some other kinds of being equally rude is not tolerated here?...
    slating protestants is neither a process of learning nor being less rude, in any shape or form of blogging!!
    when you get your act together i will consider your criticism.
    thank you
  • [quote author=lightening link=topic=10738.msg130971#msg130971 date=1297966704]
    i am sorry, i thought being rude is not a problem on this blog, since nobody gets offended when protestants are being slated...
    otherwise, can someone explain why some kind of being rude should be tolerated and some other kinds of being equally rude is not tolerated here?...
    slating protestants is neither a process of learning nor being less rude, in any shape or form of blogging!!
    when you get your act together i will consider your criticism.
    thank you

It's ok, I forgive you.
    I think that not any kind of being rude should be tolerated.

Gb!

• you must also forgive those who slate the protestants! unless you make that statement, i take you meant only to be rude again, and arrogant, against protestants. you may have no credit for that.

• [quote author=lightening link=topic=10738.msg130976#msg130976 date=1297967749]
    you must also forgive those who slate the protestants! unless you make that statement, i take you meant only to be rude again, and arrogant, against protestants. you may have no credit for that.

I am not being rude to protestants. As I said before, I THOUGHT it was a protestant thought. Calm down okay.
  • ok. thanx. i will calm down now... ;)
  • [quote author=lightening link=topic=10738.msg130932#msg130932 date=1297956446]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=10738.msg130930#msg130930 date=1297955963]
    ILSM,

your thinking is wrong, not my guess!! take it easy buddy, and get real!!!

would you care to explain this:http://familyradio.com/images/rotate/End_of_the_World.gif

I have many protestant friends and they all agree that the end of the world is on this date.
  • I watch this:

the guy is not orthodox but he's just speaking against the guy who brought this calculation of the last day.
  • I have many Protestant friends and none of them know anything about this idea.

I have also never heard of Family Radio? Who are they? They are not mainstream Protestants.
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10738.msg131007#msg131007 date=1297982897]

I have also never heard of Family Radio? Who are they? They are not mainstream Protestants.

this is what i found about it: http://catholicdefense.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-american-church-of-me.html

I personally do not care if there is a date for the end of the world. we always have to be ready. thats it.
  • Harold Camping, head of 'Family Radio,' predicts the end of the world... every few years. He's written books about it. Periodically, he has to come out with books to retract his previous books.  ::)
  • I hope that doesn't happen!! My birthday is May 22nd!!