Ok guys, just checking I'm not making a mistake:
From what I understand, there are 5 potential ways
that the Annual Psalm
in the Raising of Incense & Liturgy could be chanted:
1) Either "damgan" - in the same way that the Canon (Amen Alleluia Doxa Patri) at the end of the Liturgy is said.
2) The Short Annual tune: "Al Molakhass el mokhtasar" (Like the one on this
3) The Medium Annual Tune: "Al Molakhass" (Like this
4) The Long Annual Tune (also called the Great Ouoini tune): titled here
as "2nd Liturgy Psalm - Great Annual Tune." (the one on that page marked as "Long Annual tune" is the normal "Al Molakhass.")
5) In the case of Raising of Evening Incense, the psalm could be chanted in the style of "Je Avsaji
As I posted that URL, its Cantor Wagdi Bishara, but it's marked Liturgy Psalm... I always thought the "Je Avsaji" tune was reserved for Raising of Evening Incense only?
Sound about right to you?
Anyone have a recording of the completely normal tune (no.1) I mentioned first? (I have recordings of them all except for that one)
Are the top 4 tunes completely interchangeable whenever? (I get the feeling they are, but could someone confirm for me please?)
What do you know about the "Je Avsaji" tune? Is it exclusive to Vespers only?
Thank you all