What have Protestants thought of the Coptic Orthodox Church

124»

Comments

• dzheremi, I agree. I am so confused when I see people that try to shove this nonsense down our throat, so worried about people "accepting" them as Christian. It is so reminiscent of the homosexual agenda in their attempts to shove it in our face until we give in and accept it as being "ok". I could really care less how many people's feelings I hurt for saying it like it is, I struggle for figure out the mindset of some of these people who claim to be Orthodox. Servant33 has been nothing but condescending, speaking to us as if we live in the dark ages and that we should all just accept one another. What next servant, do you want us to join Peta and hug a tree?
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=10598.msg130517#msg130517 date=1297488129]
    Sigh, is this gonna be one of those threads that gets out of hand and the moderator has to close it?

oh....w're not even close....we still on the safe side :-)
  • hey eveyone,

I don't think there is any need to take an aggressive tone here. I am convinced that if we are able to discuss this peacefully with Rubina maana she will come to understand what we are saying. This doesn't mean we can' be firm, but from my experience, I'd have to say that taking an aggressive tone usually makes people get defensive and ignore what is being said.

Rubina seems to be unaware of problems with Protestantism and if we can discuss this calmly, I'm sure that by the grace of God, she'll come to understand.

Please pray for me
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=10598.msg130465#msg130465 date=1297444391]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=10598.msg130457#msg130457 date=1297439194]
    plus you were speaking spanish so are you really in a position to teach me about orthodox?

What do you mean by this, Geomike? I don't want to read too much into one short off-hand comment, but as a Spanish-speaking person it does make me a little bit uncomfortable. You can't speak Spanish and be Orthodox? This must be news to the Coptic churches in Mexico and Bolivia (not to mention other Orthodox churches in Mexico, Chile, Argentina, etc).  :-\

I am not saying that you aren't orthodox because you speak Spanish, but what i was trying to say was that the style of your writing and the words you use give me the feeling that you aren't orthodox.

This is my last post in this thread because my style of writing is offending people. Forgive me if you were offended. Pray for me.
  • Anba Bola, we can take a number of stances, none of them will work. Ultimately it is God who will bring him/her to the true faith if He wills it. I do not take kindly to people coming here and shoving their faith down our throats or possibly attempt to confuse others. Or condescend to us as if we are backwards and too old fashioned. I will not stand for this.
  • Hey Ioannes,

Obviously nothing will work unless God blesses. However, we must do what we can and then God will do his portion. In other words, though it is God who ultimately brings people to Him, we can be tools and allow him to do this through usPerhaps we can calmly explain to her any errors, and this will change her outlook. I don't think Rubina Maana is trying to shove her faith down our throats but rather that she doesn't see the errors in what she believes and therefore speaks about it as if there is no problem with it.

We can use this as an opportunity to explain to her the differences between Orthodoxy and this Protestant group and why they are irreconcilable. I'm sure that if we explain to her calmly she will either agree with what we say, or: disagree but see that the two are irreconcilable and will not continue posting aspects of this group that disagree with Orthodoxy.

Please pray for me!
  • Anba Bola, people walked away from Christ too. You have to be able to discern if someone is here for a fight or to learn.
  • When you are in love or married or both, you tend to have a dominant opinion or dominant religion or both.

Rubina is a product of that dynamic.  She has to defend it because her spouse brought her to Protestantism.  No one wants to admit that they made a mistake in association; even after they realize it internally.

It's the same with parents and children.  Parents tend to defend their children's actions because they do not want to admit their failures as parents, e.g., homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, divorce, etc.
  • ILSM, that is a great point. Perhaps this is why people like Rubina seek our approval so desperately.They know they are wrong but if they can get us to accept this madness then they can sleep better at night for betraying their church and their God, for being a Judas.