Protestant Christmas

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
We celebrate Christmas the 7th of January, the Catholics the 25th of December..what about the protestants?

Comments

• :)

Jan 1st...i think

You know so little about protestants...lol... ;D...December 25th.
  • january first lol i dun think anyone does Christmas on january first...n yea they do it on December 25th...all the protestants i know atleast
  • dec 25 my friend
  • Which protestants are you talking about, there are like a million of them.
    One more question, I thought they don't celebrate Christmas all together. Any thoughts???
  • good question Coptic boy

maybe Jfranklink can tell us some more about how the protestant church he goes to celebrates feasts

very interesting indeed, i didn't know protestants celebrated feasts either ???
  • ok they definately do have christmas,
    i know that for a fact,
    theres lots of differences but they do believe in a birth of jesus, and they celebrate it on dec25
  • maybe Jfranklink can tell us some more about how the protestant church he goes to celebrates feasts

Most "protestant",evangelical,fundamentalists,pentecostal,etc{Bible believing christians} celebrate Christmas and Easter.We dont really call them "feasts" but rather they're days in which special emphasis is placed on the Birth,Death,Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.Preaching the Word of God is the main focus of our Church services, while some churches celebrate Holy Communion every week others do not.During these special times{and throughout the year actually}we sing many Hymns,Spiritual songs,etc dealing with the Life,Death,Resurrection of Jesus Christ etc.

Some churches have times of "testimony" during a service where people can stand up and share what God has done in their life i.e. miracles,healings,etc.
    Churches who believe in the Gifts of Holy Spirit{that they still operate today}allow phrophesying,speaking in tongues,interpretations of tongues,words of knowledge etc.
    Some churches allow prayer for the sick,laying on of hands,etc during church service.

Almost all "protestant",evangelical churches are agreed on the essientials of the Faith i.e. The Virgin Birth,the life and Death of Jesus Christ,the resurrection,the ascension,the 2nd Coming,the Diety of Jesus,the Trinity,salvation by Grace through Faith,the need for christians to be fruitful producing good works in obedience to the command of our God,to be pure,moral, and obedient to the Gospel.We disagree on many lesser issues but agree to disagree in the spirit of love and tolerance,not forcing our views on anyone,etc.

Though there are always exceptions to what I've stated.I hope that helps you understand"protestants" a little better.There seems to be quite a bit of misunderstanding on what exactly catholics and "protestants" believe. :)