Mourning for Martyrs??

I do not understand why every Christmas party and everything that is  happy canceled despite what happened in Alexandria. I understand that it was a terrible event and everything but shouldn't we be happy?? Like no matter how happy or sad we are, things will stop once God wants it to. All we can do is pray. At Abouna Bishoy Kamel's funeral, his wife wore white because she was happy that her husband left this world and went to heaven.

I understand Christmas parties cancelled. But my church had a talent show scheduled for next week and they cancelled it because of what is going on in Egypt! How does having a talent show interfere with events in Egypt??? If you replace it with a prayer or something ok but its just canceled! I find the two events irrelevant. The martyrs went to heaven. Amen. More people will die. So are we going to be mourning our whole lives? Can someone please explain this all to me.

Comments

• You can't tell me that you aren't sad about what happened.
    This honestly killed my year- 2011. I was in church and it when I was told. There
    was a liturgy right after, and I was crying. Regardless of their current state of being,
    it is a very tragic, unhumane, cruel act.
    I know that their are in the heavenly Jerusalem in the bosom of our fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
    Of course, everything will pass away in time but imagine, (GOD FORBID) you wake up after having
    a really good night and an awesome dream and your entire family is dead. And that is the case for
    one of the families. We are all mourning. We SHOULD rejoice because especially those departed are almost
    guarateed the kigdom of heaven in the 2nd life.
    Basically, what I am trying to say is we are all one family, and if one member sufferss, we all suffer,
    and if one member rejoices, we all rejoice.
    I am sure that there is a biblical verse. **If someone finds it, please post it.**
    The families and those who lived are mourning, so we should to.
    Any fun activity is consider rejoicing. Don't you think?
    Anyways, let us pray so that God may have mercy and compassion on us, hear us, help us, and accept
    the supplications and prayers of his saints, for that which is good on our behalf and at all times,
    and repose the souls of those departed in Alexandria and all around the world, and forgive us our sins.
    LORD HAVE MERCY
    Cyril
  • Cancelling parties is also a lesson for all the selfish little brats that put on Deacon's tunics and have stupid plays that are demeaning to the tunics that they wear.

It is a chance for the little brats to remember the concept of death and persecution.

Fr. Bishoy's wife is an example in her attire, no doubt, but she did not rent a chalet to go on a vacation.  She did not light up birthday candles and start singing the next day.  Her white attire was a symbol of her faith and her dignity.  It was not to show that she was not grieving, because she was.  She also was not dancing the next day.  I would also bet she did not have on a Deacon's tunic and acting foolish and being disrespectful to the repose of her blessed husband.