BIG PROBLEM

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I know this is a common topic but there is this sin (dont wanna mention) that I keep comittin. I have tried so much to stop but I can't please please help. I really need someone. My priest is really busy and I cant talk to him often. I am relyin on u guys. :'(

Comments

• [center]In the Name of God Almighty[/center]
    Tip: Try to keep yourself as occupied as possible! And try not to think of that sin. Another thing, ask God to interfere and give you the strength to overcome the sin.

God Bless
    P.S. It's good to step forward and want to stop the sin. The first step to overcome the sin is to know the sin is wrong; the second step is to have the motivation to stop it!
    :)
  • i alwayz keep a picture of Jesu or St. Mary in my wallet or around so where ever I go I know they are watching me. Even without their pictures they are still with me but u really feel it with a picture. i also imagine tht my parentz are alwayz walking behind me watching my every move... kinda wierd? it honestly works. when ur at school and someone pressures u into duing something sinful ask urself if u would do it if ur parents were around. also ask urself WWJD (what would jesus do?)

• its hard i know, sometimes i commit a sin like cursing repeatedly but i cant stop bc it just flyes put and then the regret floods in and it just repeats, it if u do the sin from anger u need to realise that jesus took cursing etc

there No excuse for sin, u cant say
    Lord, i was hungery so i stole...
    jesus was hungry and he fely pain and he was ridiculed.
    he was a human and went thru wat we are goin thru, so dont make excuses 4 urself.

now if its sin involving a person then stay away from them bc jesis said its better to cut off ur hand then go to hell. if its a parent or etc, jesus said that whoever loves ...more than me is not worthy of me.

i hoped that helped, but its hard since we dont know what it is, but well try, say the word if u need anything else!!
  • Just pray its nothing really unusual because we all are goin through it. its normal. a good way of finding a answer is reading the bible it may sound unlikely but it really does work.
  • thx u guys helped and its workin... ive gone 2 days yaaay ya i no not great but...
  • good to hear! keep it up!! ;D
    if you fall, its ok! rise up again and try to 'make a record' by going as many days as possible without doing that sin, and keep trying to break your record.
    a tip i like to use, as soon as the thought of doing that sin comes to mind, say "My Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy On Me.".... He'll rush to your aid if you want Him to!

good luck!!

take care and God Bless
  • Also, when you start reaching and breaking your own records, Praise GOD. Sometimes the devil will use that against us saying, that we have been able to stop the sin for so long, we can do it again, or that we are good, etc... understand that the strength you got to stop the sin came from God Himself and that if you let your guard down, you will fall again, always ask God for help. and He will.
  • I almost broke it but fell into sin again today if eel terible :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • God be with u...tht's all wut i can say....i am afraid of going back to things and thoughts tht i don't wanna do either...it will get better....GOD knws wut u are going thru and He will make it better, He promised he would...and u regret it after u do it...He can see tht too...He can see tht u tried and He will make things better
    GOD bless u and be with u,
    Pray for me,
    Marianne
  • Don't let Satan put you down..Pope Shenouda says the good person is not the one who doesn't sin..it's the humble one who struggles day and night trying not to. Don't think just because you're doing something wrong, that Jesus left you..he just wants to see you get up again..I'm not saying keep saying that to yourslef and continue in sin but just keep that in mind when you're struggling. God bless.
  • Dont give up, always have hope, remember that even though we are trying to be good, satan on the other hand will not leave Gods children alone, so we have to be strong and fight him, pray to God so that He may not lead us into temptation but deliver us from the evil one.

"For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
    For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
    But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." Romans 7:19-23

We want to be good but our body is struggling against our spirit, and the bad things that we dont want to do, we end up falling, and doing them, but if we seek God in our temptations and struggles, He will hear us and deliver us.

May God be with you and help you in your stuggle.
  • i know that its hard to stop a sin if it becoms a habbit, everyone has one and your no different, the devil tries to make you feel worthless and not worthy enough to ask god for forgivness he tries to tell you htat what you do is so bad that he wont forgive you dont fall into that trap, god if forgiving no matter the sin. and remember we can do all things trough christ who strengthens us keep asking for his help and keep going and through him you will stop.

May god give us the strength to stop the sin that follows us most. amen

Maria