a question

13»

Comments

• I agree with crazycopt. At that age, he is going thru a lot of changes (wasn't too long ago that I was in his age and I know). we get emotionally overwhelemed. whatever emotions he has for that girl right now are NOTHING. Mostly lust that will go away when he moves on (same for her btw)
    There is a great saying that comes to mind on this topic, it goes something along the lines of "when a boy and a girl get together, they dont sing the rosery" meaning they are not doing anything to praise God.
    And who said that KISSING is ok? and who said that "w/e" is ok. Sorry Marianne, but you are wrong. KISSING is NOT ok unless they are Married (I don't mean a brotherly kiss here, but you know what I mean) The least they are doing is staying away from God, if they dont' have lustfull thoughts now, they will, give them time. what they are doing is WRONG and they should be told so on every possible occasion. Telling a friend that he/she is wrong will not win you a popularity contest with that person but it is the right thing to do as a friend. Just be gentle and humble when you are saying it.
  • everyone here keeps saying "give it time give it time," but they've beed going out for ABOUT 8MONTHS NOW!!! i don't if u guys consider it alot or alittle, but ever since he got into this realtionship w/ this girl, he's been pulling away fromt the church.
  • in general if a person isn't sinning....kissing and doing w/e....i don't see the wrong in tht...two people are talking and hanging out....without any lustful thoughts or anything

And who said that KISSING is ok? and who said that "w/e" is ok. Sorry Marianne, but you are wrong. KISSING is NOT ok unless they are Married (I don't mean a brotherly kiss here, but you know what I mean)

I never said kissing was ok..I was saying hanging out and talking was ok....I KNOW 100% that kissing isn't ok until a couple get married....I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND KNOW THAT....
    what I am saying is ok is if they just hang out and talked about anything...nothing wrong with two people talking...is there...and i don't mean talking about bad things...I mean talking and sharing things in life, I don't see the harm that this gonna lead to. OK now I get why people saying 14 is bad...but dating in general without bad things without bad thoughts...is that ok???
  • [quote author=angelofGOD link=board=1;threadid=1033;start=60#msg17862 date=1105395607]
    everyone here keeps saying "give it time give it time," but they've beed going out for ABOUT 8MONTHS NOW!!! i don't if u guys consider it alot or alittle, but ever since he got into this realtionship w/ this girl, he's been pulling away fromt the church.

Now I think u should do something...I never thought it was that bad that he is gonna get away from church...but if u have talked about it to him a couple of times and he didn't listen...I don't think u can do anything now...or u might just ask ur abouna or an older person in the church to talk to both of them about it...and I am saying both because both of them need to know what's what..not just him alone or her alone.
    God BLess,
    Marianne
  • idk if dating is wrong if ur just talking but in this case i guess it would be better if they were just TALKING. neither of them will admit it but I KNOW they have gonna farther than that! >:(
  • Well if u are 100% sure that it is further than that...then go talk to ur abouna about it...tell him to talk to both of them about it...like I said in my last post...both of them need to know what's what...but about talking to their parents...I think that would just be way too much...bc u aren't really sure what's going on between them...and if they know that u are the one who told...then it will make u look bad...but just telling the abouna...tht would be the best advice I can give....and he is probably going to know what to do at that point.
    God Help u in this situation....i am sure it's hard on u
    God BLess,
    Marianne
  • Just because the two fourteen year olds don't think they are doing anything wrong and maybe they their not, but what about the children younger than them, what will they think. That this is acceptable? What ever happened to setting an example to those who are younger. The younger ones don't know what is in the fourteen year olds' hearts. It could be real love or just lust. The idea of hanging out with a group is better suited for younger people, i.e. high school and college students than dating is.

In high school and college people just want a group of people to identify with, to share problems and successes with. There is no need to associate with just one person as in dating.

Unless you are seriously thinking about marriage and ready spiritually, and financially should you begin to date. People should not be so selfish into thinking that God will not help you in a desicion of who to marry or not. God knows you better than you know yourself, he has the very hairs of your head numbered. I think he knows who will be the right person to help you to grow spiritually, to pick you up when you are down.

• Thanks guys 4 all ur help, i think i know wut i'm going 2 do now
  • may ask WHAT?
  • i'm not gonna keep telling them it's wrong cause i know they won't listen, i'm gonna go to abouna and tell him that i have "friends" who are doing all this and ask him for advice....
  • WONDERFUL.....
  • look, talking etc, its all good but its still a stumbling block, pal, keep in mind that once u start getting alone and talking to much and just getting akward, it will be hard not to make it get worse from that point. Its ok yes but i dont agree at all w hanging out by themselves.

now that its 8 months, well it doesnt matter about time, just how far its gotten, if u feel that theres danger signs then take action...i

f u see ur friend drowning would u help? bc thats what hes doing, hes drowning, hes dying, dying spiritualy, which is worse than death itself. SAVE UR FRIEND DONT WAIT!!