The Power of the Eucharist

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
The past month or so I have been having struggles spiritually, I think most here are aware of that. What I realized is just HOW weak I really am without the body and blood of Christ. I have been so used to receiving the Eucharist that I have not noticed that it is only with Christ that I have become strong. I had hate, resentment, unrighteous anger, etc. and all of which I tried justifying. Then it dawned on me that this is exactly how I felt when I was not baptized and very far from Christ. When this dawned on me, I have to say that it really humbled me. It was very life changing in the sense that I feel I have much more respect for the sacrament and the church itself. Now I truly see the power of the Eucharist, how much it had changed me and helped fix my broken soul. This leaves NO doubt in my mind whatsoever that the bread and wine indeed become the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this truly is a miracle that we, including me, take for granted. We dont need to travel afar to see miracles, we have one every liturgy and it touches every single one of us personally.

God truly is amazing. Just when you think He may have forgotten about you, the whole time he was there with you, just trying to show you something else.

Comments

• Amen.  Ioannes.

I was searching to be able to attend Liturgy yesterday, just so I can receive the Holy Eucharist, relative to the fact that the blizzard was going to hit today and I would not be able to attend the Church.
  • It truly is an amazing thing. I think I had forgotten its importance and its power and this little episode that I went through only strengthened my bond to the church and Christ Himself.
  • I am glad for you Ioannes.  Just like I am glad for myself.

I have come to enjoy and appreciate the Liturgy more and more with each one.  In the rarity that I have a chance to say one of the chants, I try to throw every ounce of my being into that pronouncement.  I bear down even as if I were carrying a great weight and lifting it up like a weightlifter.

How Wonderous is Our Lord!  How Wonderous is His Body and Blood. 
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10286.msg125418#msg125418 date=1293406210]
    I am glad for you Ioannes.  Just like I am glad for myself.

I have come to enjoy and appreciate the Liturgy more and more with each one.  In the rarity that I have a chance to say one of the chants, I try to throw every ounce of my being into that pronouncement.  I bear down even as if I were carrying a great weight and lifting it up like a weightlifter.

How Wonderous is Our Lord!  How Wonderous is His Body and Blood. 

Indeed, it makes liturgy that much more sweet and beautiful.