please tell me what to do

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Ok here i go. there is this girl at school i like and im planning to ask her out but i want to know if that is against our religeon. She is not from our religeon but she is Christian so i want to know if i can ask her out or not. ok so please tell me what to do

Comments

• you are 15.... wait dont... it is only a waste of time.
  • she is really fun to hang out with so it isn't really a waste of time
  • where would you go? what will you do?

Could you walk in the fire, and not get burned?

because that is what you are doing
  • hey,
    our church is really against dating, because usually it leads to further sinful steps. dating is just a way to satisfy lust and desires which is not ment to be taken care of now...
    and what's the point? i dont want to sound pesimistic, but it wont last forever, esp at that age. i know a few couples who went out for a LONG time but still, they broke up, and it was painful for both sides. why put yourself through this and put the girl you care about through that?.... even short-trem dating has the same results....
    and usually (its actually statistically proven) that a big percentage of those who dated dont keep the friendship, and im sure you value her frienship enough to hold on to it... dating would simply break that bond.
    what'll you get out of dating? more time with her? that can be done with a group of friends...

as well, if you go out with someone, you spend alot of time with that person, more time than you spend with God. God has to be the #1 focus in your life, and a new level of relationship in your life will take that focus away....

dating is a tool the devil loves to use against God's children because emotions are a big part of a teen's life...
    i advise you to talk to your FOC and ask his guidence to help you 'get over' wanting to go out with her...
    it'll only cause trouble and pain, its better not to.....

may God help u & bless u!

take care :)
  • Wait until you are ready to get married.
  • I myself think that you should wait...until both of u are sure of ur feelings for each other...and u are old enough to actually begin a serious relationship
    but I also think it depends on u personally...if u think that there is nothing wrong with what u will be doing then do wut u find best....and I also I think the best thing to do now is to ask ur FOC....he will know better about u and will know the right advice to give u. Good Luck :)
    God Bless,
    Marianne
  • ok lol wow u guys took that way to seriously. i just wanted to know if it was ok but i guess it isnt ok thanks u guys.
  • Very good ya bisho.. I am glad of your obedience...

Awesome name by the way... ;D
  • Read "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Josh Harris~~!!!
    n about her being a fun person...thats great...be friends!!! lots of things are fun by the way but not beneficial..or in the words of St.Paul dont edify n build...THINK BEFORE YOU DO THIS...u asked for all our advice bro n ur getting it...especiaaly if ur fifteen man...ull have plenty of time later ...if u date now its like ur investing time in somethings thats prolly just not gonna work out...(fact: most relationships starting at fifteen dont lead to marriage) Goodluck! n Keep us updated!
  • thtz a really good book copt4life- i was just about to mention it.
    i no the church is against dating because it leads to sin but what do ur parents think about this? hve u told them about this grl tht u like or iz it a secret? i honestly think if u cant tell them then you shouldnt be doing it.
  • [quote author=EgYpTiAnMaTT91 link=board=1;threadid=1018;start=0#msg17462 date=1104987439]
    Wait until you are ready to get married.

I think you are being a bit extereme here.
  • [quote author=Sinner3712 link=board=1;threadid=1018;start=0#msg17474 date=1104998646]
    [quote author=EgYpTiAnMaTT91 link=board=1;threadid=1018;start=0#msg17462 date=1104987439]
    Wait until you are ready to get married.

I think you are being a bit extereme here.

He's not being extreme at all. Those are very wise words - especially coming from a 13 year old - i know i didnt think like that when i was 13, Goodstuff Matt, u should be proud.
  • Well i agree if he's 13-15 or what have you then ya he's too young. But isn't also been discussed on this board that waiting to date till marriage has it's bad effects?

For example, how would you feel if when you go on a date/engamgent and saying/hearing "oh yah, i have been engaged 20 times" since a lot of you say dating should be like engaging and only used for marriagal purposes. Don't get me wrong, i do agree that the idea of dating is to find someone that you can spend the rest of your life with.
  • nobody said engagement is like dating

dating should be done for a great part within a group, and if the 2 are ready and mature enough about it they can go out together alone , if they feel they are ready for marriage and are really commited they can get engaged. I'm talking about MATURE and SERIOUS people here, no way under 20 (maybe some exceptions of course). We discussed this a million times before i believe lol, funny how it keeps coming back ::)
  • Copt4Life, that's an amazing book!
    i second her reccomndation to read that book, its quite educational....

dont make any hasty decisions without talking to your FOC first... dating is an evil trap for sure... (sounds extreme, but it is...) enjoy the single life, its far better!
    as one of my priests once said "the single years are the best years of your life"

take care and God bless!

keep us posted :)

salam
  • During our youth meeting a few years back, the topic of dating came up, Then this guy ‎got up and gave us some words of wisdom. He said, something along the lines of, So you ‎think it is innocent, you start dating, all you do is go to the movies, eat, or just hang out. ‎You don't see anything wrong with that, but after a few months, you have seen every ‎movie there is to see, you have eaten in every place you could think of and you feel like ‎you need to take it to the next step. ‎
    At that age, 15 or teen age in general, everyone is going thru some emotional change, and ‎it is happening so fast that it we don’t realize it. Basically at that age, we are not ‎emotionally stable. ‎

And Sinner, to answer your question, after that age, and while you are in your twenties ‎your emotions start to settle down. You will have a clearer vision of what you want to do ‎or who you want to be with. So you will not get engaged 20 times, you will get a feeling ‎from hanging out in groups of which person is right for you (obviously this involves alot ‎of prayer, talking with your FOC, etc..) Then you get engaged.‎

As usual - My thoughts