English Translation for the hymn "Anok Khapigof Enrefernovi"

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
This hymn can be found 2nd from the bottom here:
http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Higher_Institute_of_Coptic_Studies/Part_2.html

I was wondering if there is an arabic or (preferably) an English translation around somewhere... I know the first part means I ....sinner, but it sounds so beautiful and I'd love to understand it.

Thanks very very very much. :)

Comments

• This is the 2nd Watos psali said before the friday theotokia.
    The tune is exactly like "the burning bush" because all the watos psalies (coptic or arabic) in kaihk are said in that tune......and all the adam ones are said in the tune of Ti-shebehmot entotk (also like a paheet nem palas....also agios o theos--madeha after the kiahk hoos-whatever suits your ears).
  • Lol Mina I didn't ask for the tune, but a translation in English.... what do the words mean????????????
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=10160.msg124300#msg124300 date=1292047388]
    Lol Mina I didn't ask for the tune, but a translation in English.... what do the words mean????????????

i know......i don't have it...i doubt anyone does. it is in front of me in the books....but no time to type up and definitely no time to translate (cuz that take up more time normally)
    sorry.
  • So the arabic translation is available in some of those arabic-coptic psalmodias? If you could, could you please give me a rough English translation of the arabic translation in these books after your final exams of course, or after you come back from the monastery. whenever you or anyone else finds time, no rush, just my own interest.

Thanks a lot Mina! :)
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=10160.msg124302#msg124302 date=1292049057]
    So the arabic translation is available in some of those arabic-coptic psalmodias? If you could, could you please give me a rough English translation of the arabic translation in these books after your final exams of course, or after you come back from the monastery. whenever you or anyone else finds time, no rush, just my own interest.

Thanks a lot Mina! :)

well everything that is coptic have a translation....since psalmodies are done in the source: egypt, the language is arabic.

an psali is a hymn of parts that is the same count as the coptic alphabet......that's a lot to translate.