Please Pray for Asia Bibi - Sentenced to Death for Believing in Christ

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Hello everyone,

Please pray for Assia Bibi; she is a Pakistani Christian who has been sentenced to death for saying that Christianity is the only true religion. (Saying that is apparently an insult to Islam and the prophet) - but she was forced into that position. Her co-workers asked to her to fetch some water for them to drink.

She went to get the water and was later told that they cannot drink it for it had been made unclean because she was a Christian.
They then asked her to become muslim. She said "Jesus Christ died for all humanity, what did Muhammad do for anyone?"  lol

Anyway, according to clause 295-C of the Pakistani Constitution, she has broken the "Blasphemy Law".

http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=39358&wf=rsscol

I don't think she said anything bad about Muhammad. She only told them why she didn't want to be a muslim; they forced her in that position. ANY Christian in Pakistan would have answered the same way.

If a Christian had said "I don't believe that Muhammad is a prophet" - then this would also be considered as blasphemy.

That means, you might as well go off and kill Christians.

Is there anyone here muslim that could kindly explain to us what they understand by the terms "Most Compassionate and Merciful".

I honestly, for the life of me, cannot find anything compassionate in this religion.

Comments

• John 16:1-4
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=10076.msg123092#msg123092 date=1291211205]
    John 16:1-4

John 16 ... ??? What's that verse? If I remember correctly, wasn't that something about Christ saying ".... If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. ......

Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me...."

Yes, OK Hos Erof. But I'd still like someone Muslim to answer me what is so compassionate about Islam? For goodness sake, they just asked her for some water and then rebuked her for actually touching it; and the Islamic Legal system and the muslims think they are doing their god a favour by hanging her.

Wow!
  • 1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.  2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

This is the part from John 16. My point was not to be offended, even though that is a natural feeling when seeing injustice. U'll find most people telling you it's a wrong interpretation of the religion. I doubt this is the answer you're looking for. It should be enough for us to know that this isn't something new or unexpected. In the meanwhile we should use whatever legal means we can use to help (not only Christians) people who are being persecuted or who's rights are being violated in any way.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=10076.msg123097#msg123097 date=1291215074]
    1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.  2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

This is the part from John 16. My point was not to be offended, even though that is a natural feeling when seeing injustice. U'll find most people telling you it's a wrong interpretation of the religion. I doubt this is the answer you're looking for. It should be enough for us to know that this isn't something new or unexpected. In the meanwhile we should use whatever legal means we can use to help (not only Christians) people who are being persecuted or who's rights are being violated in any way.

OK Mashi,

Can we still pray for her anyway? Her story really upsets me. She is a poor woman with 2 Children, one of which is disabled.

I cannot believe that this religion (Islam) has so little compassion like this. If she, IN ANYWAY, offended their prophet, let her issue an apology. They don't want an apology. They just want to hang her.

The most reliable news reports concerning this travesty have come from Asia News. It filed the following report on the demonstrations by anti-Christian Islamic radicals last weekend on November 29, 2010: "the demonstrations were organized by an association close to Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), a charitable organization that is banned by the UN because suspected of terrorist links. The chief coordinator of the JuD, Qari Yaqub, told protesters: "We will protest at the national level if the government forgives the Christian woman."

"The head of the Sunni Ittehad Council, Sahibzada Fazal Kareem, told AsiaNews: "A pardon would lead to anarchy in the country. Our position is very clear, this punishment cannot be cancelled." Maulvi Faqir Muhammad, deputy head of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, has warned of serious consequences if the government graces the woman, who was sentenced on 8 November 2010 for blasphemy against the Prophet Muhammad. Faqir Muhammad, speaking from an undisclosed ...

So, let's get this straight: she was forced into the position to say why she is a Christian (i.e. she is not impressed with Mohammad), and she's now going to be killed for it. Muslims feel that if she is forgiven, this will lead to anarchy??

She didn't go off and put an advert in a newspaper stating her belief as a Christian. She just defended her faith!!

I'm sorry Hos Erof, but this story is probably the cruelest and most unjust story i've ever come across.
  • I wouldn't say "most"
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10076.msg123099#msg123099 date=1291215658]
    I wouldn't say "most"

Hi Tit,

Yes, it is very unjust. I think its the most unjust story ever. She is so poor. She did nothing wrong.

Can you imagine this: being told to stop your work in a farm to go and fetch water. You carry the water back for those who asked you for it. When you bring it to them, they tell you that its useless because you've contaminated it because you're a "Christian". Then they ask you to explain why you are not muslim. She explains why, and is now going to be hanged for it.

There was NO signs of mercy from the start to the end of this story! She's a poor woman with a disabled child!!

This is totally inhumane and I haven't read anything as bad as this ever.

• I don't mean to minimize the suffering of this woman due to terrible injustice, but there's a lot of very very cruel stuff that happened throughout history to this day! You'd only have to read into the genocides of Rwanda, Cambodja or Darfur to know what I'm talking about.
    Praying is a weapon that is in ur hand. If there's other initiatives you can take to help these people, then please do so. Other than that, you can't stop all the evil in the world, and you'll only drive yourself nuts by thinking about it the way you do. Do what you can and leave the rest up to God.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=10076.msg123103#msg123103 date=1291216347]
    I don't mean to minimize the suffering of this woman due to terrible injustice, but there's a lot of very very cruel stuff that happened throughout history to this day! You'd only have to read into the genocides of Rwanda, Cambodja or Darfur to know what I'm talking about.
    Praying is a weapon that is in ur hand. If there's other initiatives you can take to help these people, then please do so. Other than that, you can't stop all the evil in the world, and you'll only drive yourself nuts by thinking about it the way you do. Do what you can and leave the rest up to God.

For goodness sake Hos Erof, I'm just posting this so that people can pray for her. I'm not asking you to go and fight the taliban.

OK look:

If anyone here can pray for this poor lady, please do so. If you cannot, fine.

Peace! (to anyone who wants it).
  • NOO Hos Erof!!! I wanted to say Rwanda!

Sas,

500,000 people died because of the size of their nose. This woman had a choice. They didn't.
  • Please don't call me tit. That's very offensive actually. It's TITL.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10076.msg123110#msg123110 date=1291216654]
    Please don't call me tit. That's very offensive actually. It's TITL.

Oh sorry, I always tend to leave the last letter of of people's names as a shorthand.

Titl = Tit
    Hos Erof = Hos
    Fr Peter = Fr

Is that an upper case I? or lower case L? Is it Titi or Titl?

Thanks
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10076.msg123107#msg123107 date=1291216503]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=10076.msg123103#msg123103 date=1291216347]
    I don't mean to minimize the suffering of this woman due to terrible injustice, but there's a lot of very very cruel stuff that happened throughout history to this day! You'd only have to read into the genocides of Rwanda, Cambodja or Darfur to know what I'm talking about.

For goodness sake Hos Erof, I'm just posting this so that people can pray for her. I'm not asking you to go and fight the taliban.

OK look:

If anyone here can pray for this poor lady, please do so. If you cannot, fine.

Peace! (to anyone who wants it).

I didnt say dont post about it. Its good that you bring it to our attention so we can all pray for her. Im talking about the attacking of of what others believe, and frustrating yourself about that. It's not gonna change, and you know what: Christ foretold it and told us not to be offended. That's a scriptural advice, not an attack on u.
  • Tit is rated PG-13. This forum is rated G. Please keep it that way.

it's upper case t i t l .. TITL. It's a loud proclamation of "Trust in the Lord".
  • Well, I guess all Christians are being attacked because of their faith. What is happening to her is a remarkably cruel and unjustified.

It really shows the ugly face of Islam. It has absolutely no mercy, and is not looking for the benefit of others. If muslims were offended by what she said, they should ask for an apology.

It reminds me of the lady that called a teddy bear "Mohammad" in Sudan, and they wanted to hang her or whip her for it. She obviously didnt mean to offend anyone, and they just took it in a very bad way. I think muslims are more concerned about their god's feelings than they are about human life.

Did god give us the commandments to protect us or to protect himself?
  • I just cannot believe this:

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=8465&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+CatholicWorldNewsFeatureStories+(Catholic+World+News+(on+CatholicCulture.org))

Some Imam is now offering money to anyone that can kill Asia Bibi despite the fact that a senior minister in Pakistan has said that she has been falsly accused.

Surely muslims are beginning to see that Mercy and Islam do not go hand in hand. There is no mercy in Islam.
  • Does anyone have the annotated list for the ?91 ?92 names of allah?

Is merciful one of them?
  • lol...

Allah                                      His Most unique Name

Ar-Rahman                              The Most Gracious

Ar- Rahim                                The Most Merciful

Al-Malik                                  The King

Al-Quddus                              The Most Pure

As-Asalam                              The Bestower of Peace

Al-Mu’min                              The Guardian of Faith

Al Muhaymin                          The Safe guarder

Al-Aziz                                    The Exalted in Might

Al-Jabbar                                The Compeller

Al-Mutakabbir                        The Supremely Great

Al Khaaliq                                The Creator

Al-Bari                                    The Maker

Al-Musawwiru                        The Fashioner

Al- Hakim                                The Most wise
  • Lets pray that God puts right the many wrongs that men create in the world.
  • I feel bad about it.  My hope is in the Mercy of the same Christ she is professing.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10076.msg123348#msg123348 date=1291407971]
    Does anyone have the annotated list for the ?91 ?92 names of allah?

Is merciful one of them?

Yes, but look at what it says TITL! READ THE SMALL PRINT NEXT TO EACH FEATURE (The definitions are cut and paste from a PRO-Islamic website):

Ar-Rahmaan
    The Compassionate, The Beneficient, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.

His mercy is especially for the believers. They get extra prizes and bonus points for being allah's gang.

Ar-Raheem
    The Merciful, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.

Allah Version 1.0 doesn't work with non believers. We need an upgrade.

Look what else they say about him:

Al-Mu'min

Guardian of Faith, The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.

Al-Mutakabbir (the haughty)
    The Majestic, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.

I don't know why they use the word Majestic. Muttakabir in arabic means Haughty. It has nothing to do with majesty.

Al-Qahhaar
    The Subduer, The Dominant, The One who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything.

Al-Khaafid
    The Abaser, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

Ar-Raafi^
    The Exalter, The Elevator, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

Al-Muthil
    The Dishonorer, The Humiliator, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

As-Samee^
    The All-Hearing, The Hearer, The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.
    Al-Baseer

Al-Khabeer
    The Aware, The One who knows the truth of things.

(Al Khabeer means the experienced one.. it doesn't mean the aware.. man, muslims are duped).

Ash-Shakoor
    The Grateful, The Appreciative, The One who gives a lot of reward for a little obedience.

Wow... their god is "grateful" - the more you say allahu akbar, the happier he becomes???
    Seems like a kid.

Al-Wadood
    The Loving, The One who loves His believing slaves and His believing slaves love Him. His love to His slaves is His Will to be merciful to them and praise them

Look guys, allah is only going to be friends with his homeboys. He's not looking at going to anyone else's party.
    That's it. He's just going to run a tantrum, and he wants his allahu akbars NOW!

Al-Muntaqim
    The Avenger, The One who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One who destroys them.

Ad-Daarr
    The Distresser, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

An-Nafi^
    The Propitious, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

PLEASE, NEXT TIME YOU DECIDE ON CHOOSING A god READ THE SMALL PRINT!!!!

• Her death [God forbid] would make her a bona fide martyr (having made a profession for which a sentence of death was made).
  • The jab that I made was at both aspects:

1.  If allah is merciful, then his followers should his example.

2.  If allah is uneven in his mercy, then that says a lot.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10076.msg123357#msg123357 date=1291409459]
    The jab that I made was at both aspects:

1.  If allah is merciful, then his followers should his example.

2.  If allah is uneven in his mercy, then that says a lot.

ILSM,

But if you read the definitions, he is NOT merciful. He is only merciful and kind to those who accept Islam.
    He only loves those who love him.

• Sasi,

That is what I meant in my point #2.
  • Allah does not exist.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10076.msg123366#msg123366 date=1291410644]
    Allah does not exist.

He reminds me of this kid at school that used to beat me up because I wasn't "in his gang".
    To be in his gang, i'd have to beat up anyone who wasn't in his gang. Given that I wasn't a very violent person, and didnt want to be in his gang, I was always being beaten up by him.

Now, if allah is ANYTHING like this kid, then this "allah" probably wears a dark leather jacket, he's got blonde hair, and rides a bike. He's armed and dangerous. He's probably got a penknife in his pocket as well.

Oh yeah, and you ALWAYS had to say something good about him. He loved praise.

He'd come up to me, hold my hands and bend them backward until i said "MERCY!!!"

And sometimes, he'd come up from behind me, get my head in a lock, and tell me "WHOSE THE BEST!??"

I'd obviously have to say "You are the best. There's no else like you.."

Yeah, i'm thinking, THANK GOD there's no one else like him.

Allah and this school bully have a lot in common. I think they're related. I even had to pay this kid money so he'd protect me from himself.

The weired thing is this: I wasn't telling him "YOU're THE BEST!!" because I meant it. I was telling him that he's the best because I was forced to.

Allah is no better than a school bully!
  • when i was at school, i got thumped for not being in any gang and i was a girl!
    i didn't mind coz i knew Christians everywhere were being persecuted and it helped me to remember to pray for them. may God give this woman and her family/church great courage and peace.
  • Romans 8:16-30

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
    26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    28 [b]And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
    29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."